Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more
Is this a good camera for taking photos of fast moving objects (toddler)?
asked by JStar on March 19, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
Hi JStar,
It's a good camera for taking photo of fast moving objects. I would like to however note when doing very up close range focusing, it has some difficulty focusing.

Sam
SK answered on March 19, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The NEX 6 its quite good in this matter. It has a fast up to 10fps speed due to mirroless system. I would suggest to looking in to a diffrent lenses than the kit lens. The Carl Zeiss f1.8 its a great combination of both worlds even have a manual focus. How ever if you need to shoot a professional baseball game you need DSLR with a big lens. Overall this was a great purchase for me for traveling. At the moment the NEX 6 is the leader in image quality, focusing speed and usability overall. Its a clear winner in mirroless at this moment.
Peter Volek answered on March 19, 2013
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Moolelo808 answered on March 20, 2013
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Alex T. answered on March 19, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It's fine for baby photos *BUT* like most mirrorless cameras you need enough light to let the phase detect focus system work, and to use a fast enough shutter speed to stop the action. I would never use this camera to shoot sports professionally, although it does fine for family shots. But for baby photos, yes this camera will work great. Consider a fast prime lens (the Sony SEL20F28 or the SEL35F18) for better image quality in low light.
P. Craig answered on July 16, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes. It has 10 frames per second. That's more that most standard dslr in the market.
deck2c answered on March 19, 2013
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
NO. Not at all. But has the fastest autofocus among the Sony NEX family.

10fps is great for fast moving object where focusing is fixed, like at infinity. Up close, forget about it.
Lyle Kimms answered on March 19, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product