How do I tell if the 3D movie will work on my 3D TV Samsung ???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 10, 2010 8:28:09 AM PDT
Darold Roy says:
Hi I am looking at the Blu-ray 3D movies on Amazon. What I can't tell is if they are the ones that use the Blue & Red glasses or the ones that will work on my 3D Samsung TV. I looked at the movie Grand Canyon and no where does it tell you what the 3D will work with. Now some like Polor Express state that it is the one with the Red & Blue glasses.

Thanks

Posted on Sep 11, 2010 7:38:06 PM PDT
S. Swift says:
I have the same problem with my Panasonic 3D TV. Does the movie use the shutter glasses or not. The latest release of Monster House does state that it takes the Shutter glasses. This movie does not. I did think 'Blu-ray 3D' did mean that the glasses were necessary. Now I'm not sure. we need a definite name or statement so that my purchases are correct.

Posted on Sep 14, 2010 8:21:15 AM PDT
I posted this on another message board.... read on "Be very careful. I bought 2 3D movies thinking I could watch them on my new 65" panasonic 3D TV..... no such luck. (Polar Express and Nat Geo Sea Monsters) I called panasonic and they said the only 3D movies that will play on the new fancy 3D TVs and 3D Blu-Ray Player and using the special "shutter" type glasses ($150 each) are the ones displaying a special logo. It has a "3D" with a line curving under it and "TM" on the right and "blu-ray" accross the top. All other 3D's will look bad or won't display anything in 3D." I've been looking and there arn't very many of these new 3D movies out yet.

Posted on Sep 22, 2010 8:53:59 AM PDT
S. Phillips says:
Yes, it is for active shutter glasses. I already have the import version. It works fine on Samsung, Sony, LG, Panasonic sets.

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 12:30:41 AM PST
J. Steinman says:
All the 3D play gorgeously on my new Samsung 65" SMART TV. No problems there!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Sep 10, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk [Blu-ray 3D]
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk [Blu-ray 3D] by Robert Redford (Blu-ray - 2010)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (229)