temperature tolerance? How does this item hold up under really hot or really cold weather? My car is at the train station in an open lot much of the day and 90+ or minus zero external temps (obviously not in the same day)are not uncommon.
asked by Jason C. Williams on March 29, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 answers
A
votes
I just spotted this looking for a solution to the problem I'm having with the product -- there's a mounting magnet ring on the back of the glowy button thing, which is quite nice. The problem is that the adhesive on the the back of the ring began to release on hot days in the car. No problem, I'd stick it back on the dash and it'd be fine until the car's interior reached inhospitable temperatures. Lather, rinse, repeat. Until my wife borrowed the car and somehow the magnet ring came up missing. It's my fault, really, as I intended to super glue the ring to the dash to alleviate the weakening sticker-adhesive. Problem now is I can't find a replacement magnetic ring!

So, to answer your question, the adhesive doesn't hold up particularly well to hot interiors. :)
Jordy Jensky answered on June 15, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›