Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football Baby Sale
RX100 has terrible image and stabilization in low light. RX1 has superior image qaulity but how much faster (less blurring) in low light?
asked by Matt Eye on October 2, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
Would you need a tripod for taking pictures in very low lighting?
Dory Peters answered on March 16, 2015
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi Matt

This is a confusing question. "Blurring" (blurred pictures) is a function typically of too low a shutter speed. Good to great high ISO performance - and the RX-1 is just about as good as it gets there - allows you to keep shutter speed high in low light conditions. I would also agree with other posts that the RX100 is not 'terrible' in low light, at least not relative to other compacts, indeed it is better than virtually any other compact camera, but not the in same league as the RX-1 or any other full frame sensor camera. This also effects video, as this depends on sensor noise and low light ability too.
D. F. Watt answered on March 8, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I do not agree with your statement about the RX100 having poor low light performance. I have no problem in this area. This camera has replaced my camcorder for shooting in concerts and drama performances. Having manual control and clear zoom during video is very nice.
weeklyreader answered on December 6, 2012

A
Seems to handle low light shooting (Especially with high ISO) very well: http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2012/10/09/night-time-street-shooting-with-the-sony-rx1-amazing-high-iso-samples/
Josh Harrison answered on October 9, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product