Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 38 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 6, 2012 2:44:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2012 2:50:54 PM PDT
Baloo6909 says:
this resident evil 6 anthology set, sets the bar for all future special editions!

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 5:28:06 PM PDT
Too bad they're digital copies only and not on the disc.

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 6:19:37 PM PDT
Anonymous says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2012 6:45:21 PM PDT
bOoKwOrM says:
it says so right in the product listing. you'll have codes you can redeem on the ps network.

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 6:49:39 PM PDT
JohnB says:
"along with digital copies of Resident Evil Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Resident Evil 4 HD, and Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition redeemable on the PlayStation Network."

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 12:25:43 AM PDT
Dang! RE5 Gold too?! Wow, this is a lot of games =D!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 6:25:29 AM PDT
Baloo6909 says:
So, you'll be able to play them forever... not sure how thats a bad thing. I guess you'd prefer some crappy statue or binder of trading cards.

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 8:49:05 AM PDT
Gamemaster64 says:
$89.99.. I stick with my regular version pre order.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 9:23:56 AM PDT
gamepunk says:
I want the Resident Evil 1 Remake and Resident Evil Zero on the PSN. Not sure if Nintendo has the rights to them or what the deal with that is though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 9:42:22 AM PDT
bOoKwOrM says:
even though nintendo doesn't own the resident evil franchise, they own the licensing rights to "Resident Evil 0" and "RE:Remake". it would be great to have those games available for the PS3 though. :)

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 12:54:48 PM PDT
XBox 360 includes 4 games (including RE6) and a movie while PS3 includes 6 games including RE6. Although product description includes RE5 but product feature doesn't. I don't think RE5 Gold edition is included for PS3 if Capcom plans to balance out between consoles.

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 3:55:04 PM PDT
Sunny Days says:
I'll stick with the regular version if the games are downloads.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 6:17:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 7, 2012 6:19:30 PM PDT
Actually, RE 5: Gold Edition is included in the Anthology.

See capcom's official store listing of the same item.

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/pd/productID.244375000/Resident-Evil-6-Anthology-PS3.html

Amazon forgot to include the game on their listing. Furthermore, i have already spoken to a costumer service rep about this and they said they'll look into it.

In short PS3 Version > XBOX 360 Version

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 2:54:25 PM PDT
Waldo says:
"Interestingly, the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game contain different lineups -- with PS3 owners getting six games to the 360's four (though 360 owners will get Resident Evil Degeneration, a CG animated film as well). Still, if you have both systems, PlayStation 3 would be a much better value for the money."

Gameinformer.com

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/06/08/resident-evil-6-anthology-editions-to-include-past-re-titles.aspx

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 8:28:23 AM PDT
Stephen B says:
It sucks that theyre all codes. So the Case set itself will be nothing more then the normal case, maybe with a different box art, and 6 codes crammed onto one piece of paper. Its a great deal if you're not a fan of physical copies. But if you are, like I am, this actually is going to feel pretty cheap and crappy when you get your hands on it.

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 5:58:45 AM PDT
Fred says:
It's a good deal for those who don't own those games already, but there's nothing there for me since I own it already except for RE6 of course. I'd prefer a true Blu-ray level upscale, 25GB game, 3D graphics, Move support etc, but now we just get a lame 8GB XBROKE port that's leaving 2/3 the Blu-ray empty again. With those muddy graphics, lower rez than RE5 it has to be another 8GB game.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 10:05:10 AM PDT
Rizzo says:
I would definitely be interested in buying this on release day if all the games were included on disc. If not, then I'll pass.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 12:58:40 PM PDT
Grimes says:
lol, I already have RE 1-3 downloaded on my Playstation so I'm not getting this. If you don't have the others though, it's pretty nice.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 1:59:03 AM PDT
This is disappointing news. Any true fan of RE has quadruple dipped on all of these games already on several different consoles. This is a good set to release after RE6 has had 8 months of shelf time. Sometime after all the DLC has been released so EVERYTHING is included. As a fan of the series I want a Collector's Edition specific to RE6.

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 7:22:55 AM PDT
R. Ondik says:
The Gamecube version of RE1, most people call it REmake, is the best version of any RE out there. I wonder if it is still exclusive to Nintendo and that's why it wasn't included. I have played that game recently and it still holds up to today's standards. At the time of release it was the best looking game ever made. If that was included in this package (it should be considering the "HD Age" we are living in) this would be a no-brainer. Without it, meh. I already have RE5 Gold and have beaten RE4 so many times. The PSN versions of the original PS1 games don't hold up that well on a large (42+") HD TV, you're better off finding a smaller screen to play them on.

Monetarily I disagree with most of you as I think this is a decent deal though. The PS1 games cost $6 each, RE4 HD is $20, and RE5 Gold is still about $25 used, so you're already over $60 and haven't even added in RE6, which will be $60, technically saving you the price of the game itself.

I just realized though that the 360 version has Code Veronica X: HD! That is a travesty that it won't be included in the PS3 version. If the PS3 version was only RE4 HD, RE5 Gold, and RE Code Veronica X HD I would absolutely buy it even without the PS1 games. Why make 2 different versions???

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 6:55:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 14, 2012 7:00:50 AM PDT
dukpoki says:
"The Gamecube version of RE1, most people call it REmake, is the best version of any RE out there. I wonder if it is still exclusive to Nintendo and that's why it wasn't included."

i'm like 99.999999% sure the real reason is that capcom is too lazy to port the gc versions over to ps3 system especially when they already have the ps1 classic re director's cut available for download (a simple matter of including a download code in the box). And it's painfully obvious that it's also the reason we are getting ps1 RE DC on this anthology and not the original ps1 RE non DC.

the truth of the matter is. capcom post re4, mvc2 era is a greedy and lazy company. But all that could be "accepted" if they still made top tier games but their games suck now so even that they fail. (i.e. re5 sucked, re6 demo's sucked, mvc3 sucked, they canceled mml3, all their super editions sucked and are purely only cash grabbing attempts, etc etc)

tldr; forget capcom, i can't wait until shinji mikami newest horror game comes out from his own studio.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 11:41:46 PM PDT
Hey, hey... RE: Director's Cut was the definitive version back in the day, with added Dual Shock support. Just because Capcom released the REmake on GC years later doesn't diminish the quality of RE:DC.

The reason why the PS3 and 360 versions of the Collector's Edition are different is simple, RE1-3 aren't available and never will be, those are Playstation exclusives in their original form and I highly doubt they'll ever port them or the GC remakes/ports to any other system(except Nintendo systems for the GC games) for a long time.

What it boils down to really is Capcom screwed the pooch with this CE. I can seriously see why people who only own a 360 are mad. GC exclusivity of the REmakes/updates, PS exclusivity for the RE 1-3... yeah, adding the extra games were a mistake.

Will I buy Anthology, HECK YEAH! Will I enjoy the fact all but RE6 is a DL code? not a chance... I'll probably end up getting a physical copy of RE5 GE for my collection even after buying Anthology.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2012 3:35:34 AM PDT
You do know that Nintendo owns the licensing rights to REmake and RE Zero right? It has nothing to do with lazy it has everything to do with the fact that they are exclusive to Nintendo and there is nothing they can do about it. Obviously if they could port them they would have considering anything without Mario or Zelda sells at a loss on the garbage Wii

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 5:11:08 PM PDT
RPGlover says:
definetly preordered mine today at bestbuy they give a 20$ cert with it even though you have to wait 30 days to use. Its a great deal i believe i hate its PSN games though. Already own 5 so just going to try and dumped that. i have 4 on ps2 but id take the upgrade to HD. Can't wait for this game to come out

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 9:49:17 AM PDT
Mike Fields says:
Are the PS1 games going to be remastered in HD?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  33
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  Jun 6, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Resident Evil 6 Anthology - Playstation 3
Resident Evil 6 Anthology - Playstation 3 by Capcom (PlayStation 3)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (160)