Customer Discussions > Pokémon White Version 2 forum

Is that the actual release date?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 9, 2012 11:30:00 AM PDT
Fox0794 says:
The Nintendo site, Pokemon site, as well as accredited fansites Serebii, Pokebeach, and Filb have not announced December 31 as the release date. Is it safe to say that Amazon does in fact have the date or are they just using a placeholder? I am not going to order from here, but I would like the know the date all the same.

Posted on May 9, 2012 9:41:49 PM PDT
NO It is not the acual release date it is a place holder, We will probably get the next march or april, just because all the pokemon games come out in the spring for the us.

Posted on May 10, 2012 1:12:26 PM PDT
If you see a release date as "December 31, whenever", it's almost always a placeholder.

Posted on May 16, 2012 8:44:58 AM PDT
Kites says:
Most likely sometime around October/November for us.
We may have an actual US release date announcement come E3 as well. June 5-7th

Posted on May 17, 2012 6:02:34 PM PDT
Akira says:
*sigh* It's called "SUBJECT To Change"!

Posted on May 19, 2012 4:13:15 AM PDT
Haruka says:
I'm betting the release date will be a good amount before December 31st, so they can get those holiday sales.

Posted on May 25, 2012 2:22:22 PM PDT
Elyse C says:
The website that I import from says Oct 2012 for the US version but I highly doubt that is the release date as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2012 10:17:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2012 10:18:24 AM PDT
Breann says:
FireRed/LeafGreen dropped in the fall here, so it isn't always spring. Generally, you want to add about six months, plus or minus two, to the Japanese release date for Pokekmon games: Japanese games that dropped in the fall usually come out in spring here, and vice versa. Since the new game is coming out in June in Japan, we should expect to see it sometime between November and February, most likely December for a Christmas release.

For what it's worth, Bulbapedia currently says "Autumn 2012" for North American release. Not that that means anything.

Also, keep in mind that Nintendo often inflates far-off release dates and revises them to be sooner later. I had this trouble when Black/White dropped; I walked into the store a month before release to pre-order and was told it came out the following week!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 12:36:32 PM PDT
Hokkaido says:
Nintendo of America, Nintendo of Europe and Nintendo of Australia/New Zealand all have said the games are going to be released in Fall/Autumn 2012 (or Spring 2012 for Australia/New Zealand because they are in the Southern Hemisphere so their seasons are reversed). If you do not believe me go to the Pokemon website, then video games and it will say Fall 2012.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 12:29:34 AM PDT
It is coming out around somewhere between September-November 2012. GameStop has October currently if I remember correctly and they usually have the best date.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 6:09:20 AM PDT
The release date, according to a new Trailer recently released, is October 7!

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 8:07:48 AM PDT
Robin Glick says:
Yeah Serebii has confirmed that october 7 is the release date in the US and October 12 is the release in Europe

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 2:47:13 PM PDT
I heard from nintendo that pokemon white and black 2 are coming out October 7.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  May 9, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Pokémon White Version 2
Pokémon White Version 2 by Nintendo (Nintendo DS)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (919)