Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Can it be real that nobody in the other ship chose to blow up the other boat?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 3, 2012 6:15:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2012 6:39:54 AM PST
I think the story was that the Joker told everybody on two ships that, there is a remote control to blow up the other ship. If you blow up the other ship, you will survive because now no one can blow you up any more. If you don't blow them up, at the touch of a button, you can be blown up any time.

And the story was that no one pressed the button at all. There was even a tall guy who seized the remote control from another member on the ship, and righteously throw the remote into the sea or something.

Can that be real? I have had three bumper or side panel damages on the car done by three people at different times while my car was parked in the parking lot. Only one person left a note saying her insurance will cover for that and please contact her to arrange for it. (She will have to pay higher insurance fees for the next 2, 3 years probably). One out of three, even though the law required it. The damages were about $2000, $300, $2800 on the three occasions. The same with car repair shops. When something that can be done by $300, they will tell you it needs to be $800. When it is $800, they will try to make it $2000. AND NOW, all of a sudden, people on the ships were kind and nice and would rather die so other people can survive?

There were other coworkers, cold blooded, and some appeared friendly and know how to talk, but when he crashed the whole system of all the web servers, try to make an impression to other people that it is your fault, and I won't be surprised he talked to the top management to back stab any one (usually to back stab the kindest person who is the most bully-able). He surely knows how to talk, make people laugh, and attract attention. And he exchanged spectacular reviews on LinkedIn so that his references looked amazing (while he also gave other people spectacular reviews, way more than what the other people deserved, to trade reviews). This is so that he can get hired.

I even know three friends -- one for 22 years, two for 17 years. I never borrowed money from them except one time I forgot to bring my wallet at a dinner and borrowed money from one of them and returned the money within three days (I don't see them everyday). Ten months ago, I was at a ski resort and can't go to my local bank to handle things, and I was worried that one of my property tax cheque of about $4000 might bounce, and the penalty would be $400 if the payment was one day late or the cheque was bounced. I sent my three friends messages on Facebook, and left voice mail on one of their voice mail at work and voice mail on a personal cell phone, asking if they can help me put $200 or $300 into the bank and I can return to them 4 days later when I come back from the ski resort. One of them replied, asking tons of questions, including why do I need to pay property tax -- is it because I own any property -- and said "no" finally because "$300 is a substantial amount". The other two guys didn't reply at all.

And so, all of a sudden, in the movie, people are willing to die so that you can live?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 7:36:03 AM PST
Media Hub says:
Yes, that part of the movie was quite ridiculous and had me scratching my head as well. It would never happen in real life, but heck, there would never be a real Batman in real life as well. It was the one low point of an otherwise spectacular movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 2:00:36 PM PST
So money = human life? Your argument doesn't apply because it doesn't relate to people dying.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 2:00:37 PM PST
So money = human life? Your argument doesn't apply because it doesn't relate to people dying.

Posted on Jan 26, 2012 6:37:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 26, 2012 6:37:31 PM PST
it works for seeing how people care about each other. If they won't help a friend for $300, why would they help a stranger live and let himself die?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jan 3, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about