Now that I can pick this up for $19.99 I have to ask, Is this just a kid's game?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 31, 2012 11:00:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 31, 2012 11:24:12 PM PDT
Ellen Ripley says:
This game looks interesting, but I'm wondering it it's just a kid's game or is this enjoyable for adults too? I'm not a kid but I've played stuff like Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy games and enjoyed them very much on the PS2. I even liked the first two Spyro games. Not a big fan of Sonic or Rayman games. Also like Ratchet & Clank and the Mario Galaxy games. I do like adventure games and I am a kid at heart. Trying to take a break from RPG's and round out my PS3 library with some light hearted games. (I never played any of the Sly games on the PS2)

Currently playing Assassin's Creed/Uncharted/Mass Effect series games.
Any thoughts? Will I like this game do you think?

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 11:10:34 AM PDT
nkilburne says:
I'm kinda bummed no one responded to this. If you didn't buy it for $19.99, it's still available for $24.99 and it's worth it. These are classics of the PS2 era that were all very highly reviewed. It can be childish at times, but it's definitely a fun escape! Plus, if you're a completionist, it'll keep you busy for QUITE a while with 3 full titles in here. Totally worth it for less than half the price of a new game!

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 2:29:49 AM PDT
Ted Riggs says:
I'm 26 and am playing through these games for the first time, and I wouldn't categorize them as kids games. Sly is something people will enjoy at any age.

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 10:55:20 PM PDT
Ellen Ripley says:
$19.99 at newegg right now. I wish this would drop to $14.99. Ah, well there's always Black Friday coming around the corner.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 6:12:46 PM PDT
mattack says:
Out of stock.. I just signed up for email notification.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2012 8:49:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 22, 2012 8:50:19 PM PDT
Kris K says:
Have same question as the OP had. Are these games more like Rayman: Origins with tons of platforming that you have to be quite precise about or more like say, Ratchet and Clank, A Crack in Time or Tools of Destruction where there is still platforming but is more story driven. My patience at precision platforming games is not what it used to be so I'm hoping it's more like Ratchet & Clank, although I do understand that Sly Cooper is more stealthly and not a weapons game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2012 10:10:28 PM PDT
Ted Riggs says:
These games are pretty simple. I don't know if I would recommend the collection though. I LOVED the first Sly game. It was much more linear and is much shorter than the others. 2 and 3 are more of a sandbox style. They are still very story-driven, but before you can move forward in a mission, you always have a few side missions to do. For me, this got really old really fast. I found the story in the first game much more interesting and charming, and I liked that you just play through relatively small levels and move on to the next, without having to clean up a bunch of mandatory side missions.

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 11:52:40 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
Like Riggs said 2 and 3 are more sandbox, like Assassin's Creed series in some ways. Yet I loved all 3 games. Each was different enough, like in Sly 3 you get a team (think Ocean's 11) together, each with their own skills.

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 12:55:18 PM PDT
Ted Riggs says:
I think the problem for me was just playing them all back-to-back. Usually after you play a game, plenty of time will pass before you can play the sequel. Loved Sly 1, but playing 3 Sly games in a row was just too much. I ended up getting bored halfway through Sly 2.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Mar 31, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Sly Collection - Playstation 3
The Sly Collection - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (255)