Customer Discussions > Dark Souls - Playstation 3 forum

that's what I get for NOT getting this from Amazon...newegg blunder

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 3, 2011 5:31:39 PM PDT
M. Weekley says:
ok, so there are two online retailers I consider the most reliable: Amazon and New Egg. About a month ago, New Egg ran a promotion for $10 off the preorder of the limited edition Dark Souls. Needless to say, I jumped on the opportunity since New Egg has been known for having reputable service.

Today I got an email from New Egg saying that they are terribly sorry but there was some sort of error and that they didn't get the limited edition Dark Souls (happened to others I'm sure). To their credit, they offered a $20 promo credit on my next purchase...but it's frustrating that they gave notice of this the evening before release which means I have 0% chance of getting a collectors edition unless I want to pay $120.

Blah.

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 5:50:50 PM PDT
wow!!!! that SUCKS! I am so glad I canceled my newegg order and switched to amazon. That is pathetic! The NIGHT before the release! Ugh...sorry man.

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 5:54:27 PM PDT
Dang, man, I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 6:00:54 PM PDT
dood that sucks, i would go to best buy and walmart first thing in the morning to see if they have any left. Gamestop too because someone may have preordered and cancelled. Best of luck to you

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 6:05:10 PM PDT
M. Weekley says:
thanks. I'm not happy about it and now I don't have an incentive really to buy this new at full price. I'm sure I'll get Dark Souls eventually when I see a sale sometime. I just don't understand why they waited til the night before. That's not cool. I get mistakes happen. My life will go on without the CE...but they could have reduced the damage and given us a chance to order somewhere else.

Oh well. I hope all of you enjoy DS :)

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 6:24:11 PM PDT
B. Jones says:
Same exact thing happened to me. I quickly came here to preorder and make sure I get the CE, considering I preordered months ago, and it's apparently not available. I'm raging at newegg.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2011 6:35:36 PM PDT
M. Weekley says:
B. Jones, I hear you. New Egg hasn't been on my happy list as of late. They botched the whole Touchpad thing and now this. I live in the middle of nowhere so I rely on mailorder. Closest gamestop is 30 minutes away let alone any retailer selling games. I'm just out of luck.

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 8:02:26 PM PDT
XIAO CHEN says:
I got the same email and credits from newegg. Anyway I have already cancelled my order and decided to get a Japanese version with bonus CD and map.

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 1:51:02 AM PDT
AZ Gardener says:
I bet they sold way more than they had anticipated.. same thing happened with Demon's Souls. This is good. We might get a DS3.. Maybe it'll be called Doomed Souls? /newthread

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 4:31:20 AM PDT
Bones says:
Apparently, there's been a blunder on Amazon as well. MANY people are not getting the CE as promised.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2011 4:46:16 AM PDT
M. Weekley says:
Bones, really? That sucks. They should have done a complete first run of CE before switching. To be fair to Namco Bandai though this was a free promotion. Not like they were charging extra for it or anything. I hope Amazon is making up for it.

Xiao, that's awesome. I wonder if there are any other major differences between the NA and JAPAN editions. Enjoy!

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 6:07:14 AM PDT
E. Rosa says:
i just canceled my order cause not only was i not getting the CE that i prepurchased, but i was also not getting a copy of Dark Souls till Oct. 20th and that was also an estamation, forget these online service, guess i'm going back too Best Buy and Gamestop, NEVER have i EVER had an issue with them as to my pre orders, this is just Redic.

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 7:49:21 AM PDT
Even if you ordered from Amazon you probably wouldn't get the CE. I had it ordered for months, and I talked to customer service today... The lady said that they don't know when it will be shipped. I suspect that they don't know *if* it will be shipped either.

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 2:13:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2011 2:14:28 PM PDT
Bones says:
The ONLY place you can count on these days is Gamestop. I pre-ordered TWO copies of Dark Souls Collector's Edition PS3 from Best Buy. I go in as soon as they open (first customer) and guess how many they got in??? ZERO... no collector's edition whatsoever. They explained this was a company wide issue. They called the next nearest store and they only got two copies in which were already spoken for. The gave me a $20 gift card for my trouble but I was incredibly angry that I couldn't get my hands on the collector's edition.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2011 9:56:06 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:24:01 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 1:03:57 AM PDT
Etc says:
It's ok, the collector's edition is lame anyway. The "mini-strategy guide" is really just a PDF advertisement for the official strategy guide. The artbook and metal case are nice I guess, but not worth really worrying about. If you want the soundtrack, I'm sure you can download it somewhere else online.

Anyway, I've had tons of issues trying to download the "making of" movies, and at this point, I don't think I'm going to even be able to within the 24 hour window they gave me to download everything.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 8:19:26 AM PDT
M. Weekley says:
Dustin...I'm happy for you but I know a lot of amazon customers that preordered and did NOT get the CE. It sounds like it is a supply issue everywhere.

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 11:33:50 AM PDT
Jeremy Kane says:
The sad think is I don't even give a crap about the CE version. I only went with that because it was the same price. Now I'm stuck in limbo not being able to play a game I've been really looking forward too for who knows how long. My status page has it listed at shipping soon since early yesterday. I emailed customer service and they basically said they've been having shortages from the supplier and they're sending them out on a first come first serve basis. They hoped to have it out in the next couple days and I'm welcome to cancel if I'm not satisfied.

I guess I'll see how it goes. If I don't see it by the weekend I'll have to pick it up locally if I can find it and cancel my order. Shame too because I used Amazon credit I had to get it cheaper.

Posted on Oct 6, 2011 5:06:48 AM PDT
Jeremy Kane says:
Update: Shipped yesterday so should be getting it today. Panic over. ;)

Posted on Oct 6, 2011 6:23:06 AM PDT
Although I received Dark Souls on Wednesday instead of Tuesday, even with release date delivery(Which is fine, I was at my girlfriend's and had to work right when I got home) I received everything fine, so I didn't get to miss out on playing it. Like always I am very happy Amazon came through. They also honored my $20 credit for NHL 12 when they were offering it for a very short time. The only problem I had was they sent the wrong version of Duke Nukem Forever, but within 30 minutes they credited my account the difference from PS3 and PC version for the item.

Just buy Amazon, they are awesome.

Posted on Oct 6, 2011 3:24:43 PM PDT
C. Berhow says:
I got my CE, but tbh I wouldn't have missed a thing if I had the regular version. Don't be too bummed if you missed out, it was kind of neat but it wouldn't have been worth paying for.

Posted on Oct 6, 2011 4:15:11 PM PDT
get the guide forget the collector edition
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Oct 3, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 6, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dark Souls - Playstation 3
Dark Souls - Playstation 3 by Namco (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (636)