Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Stone Cherry Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > PlayStation 3 60GB System forum

the avengers - nerd alert!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 264 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 7:01:10 AM PDT
Of all the films, I think Captain America suffered the most from being a prelude film. It more than likely would have been the best of the lot, based on how it started, but then it felt rushed in order to get the Avengers tie-in worked in, when the whole freezing thing should have been left for the second movie after Baron Zemo, so that we could see more Cap in WWII action. It's just feels unfinished.

Posted on May 8, 2012 7:21:10 AM PDT
Rab says:
You have to watch The Incredible Hulk! It's awesome. I"m watching it right now at home.

Posted on May 8, 2012 7:26:40 AM PDT
Yeah, as a Cap fan I think they could have done a part 2 with the freezing thing as well....as well as could have spent more time on the bucky/cap relationship in the first but it is what it is. They still did right by me for the most part.

Posted on May 8, 2012 7:32:49 AM PDT
They already announced Captain America 2 (Holiday 2013) and Thor 2 (2014). I really want an Incredible Hulk sequel with Ruffalo.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 7:57:58 AM PDT
Yeah I wasn't disappointed in the Cap movie at all, Cap being probably one of the hardest heroes to do. Done wrong, it can come off extremely corny, because Cap's as straight-a as they come, but they actually make him very cool, and in the Avengers they really make him cool. Those running shots, where he's jumping over cars and flipping are awesome. And I love the fact that he uses the shield a lot more.

Posted on May 8, 2012 7:58:33 AM PDT
Speculation. How many people believe that Coulson is coming back as The Vision?

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 8:04:34 AM PDT
What are you talking about?

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 8:33:02 AM PDT
Agent Coulson, a character I really like and who gets lost in the crowd amongst all the super hero's. Coulson has some very good scenes in the Avengers.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 8:34:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2012 8:51:27 AM PDT
J. says:
As in, SHIELD has some fancy robot suit, and all they need is someone's soul to pilot the thing? "Hey, do we still have Coulson's body in the fridge?". I guess anything is possible.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 8:46:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2012 8:50:22 AM PDT
Watcher says:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3ouejjLjE1qk71t9.jpg
http://comicbookgoth.deviantart.com/art/Rough-Vision-Test-300287972

>>>SPOILER ALERT<<<

Agent Phil Coulson of SHIELD is secretly the Vision. I'll tell you why.

1. The movies have already established that both Synthezoids (Captain America) and Life Model Decoys (Avengers, Iron Man 2 [Stark Expo]) exist. Fully passable androids are already around.

2. Coulson has never exhibited emotion, not once. He remains cool calm and collected in the most insane situations. Even after being stabbed through the chest by Loki he barely bats an eyelash and advises Fury to use his death to motivate the team.

3. Coulson was somehow able to get through Stark Tower's security systems basically unchallenged.

4. When talking about Coulson after his "death" Fury says he "lost his one good eye", a clear reference to Coulson's codename Vision. Coulson has acted as Fury's eyes in the field in every single aspect of the Avenger's Initiative.

5. The one subject he expresses any real enthusiasm in is Captain America, a contemporary of Jim Hammond, the original Synthezoid on which the Vision was based. And most importantly, if this is true then Phil Coulson is alive.

Posted on May 8, 2012 8:49:06 AM PDT
He'll be back for sure. I think he signed on for 12 movies just like Samuel Jackson. That includes cameos as well.

I want M.O.D.O.C.K!!!!

Posted on May 8, 2012 8:55:20 AM PDT
Well, looks like I can't be in this thread anymore till I see it. I wish I had seen it so I could talk about it with yall.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 8:57:01 AM PDT
Watcher says:
I haven't seen it either... it's just that spoilers never "spoil" a movie for me for some reason.

Posted on May 8, 2012 9:11:20 AM PDT
I wouldn't consider that a spoiler really. He's a very minor character with a memorable role.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 9:24:30 AM PDT
I'm impressed, you saw way more links than I did. The main thing that tipped me off was the image that popped over Coulson's face when he did the eye scan.

Posted on May 8, 2012 9:27:58 AM PDT
Seems like Samuel L Jackson has finally gotten linked with a good franchise that fully makes him a genre hero. Star Wars was cool and all, but I like his Nick Fury a whole lot more, he actually gets to really take part in and initiate some stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 9:32:51 AM PDT
Watcher says:
Yes, Sam is good at Nick. To me, he just didn't fit in as a Jedi master.

Posted on May 8, 2012 10:02:18 AM PDT
I'd also like to see much more of the character Maria Hill in the next Avengers movie. She's a huge character in the present Iron Man series, and if Fury ever got ousted she'd be next in command. Don't know who the actress is who played the role is at present, but she was very good.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 10:04:13 AM PDT
J. says:
It didn't sit right with me, either.

I kept waiting for him to say "I'm a mutha****ing Jedi!"

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 10:05:28 AM PDT
J. says:
The girl from How I Met Your Mother? She really didn't do too much, did she?

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 10:26:29 AM PDT
Watcher says:
I like Cobie Smulders... she's really funny on How I Met Your Mother.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 10:35:50 AM PDT
J. says:
I felt she was under utilized in Avengers. Easy on the eyes, though.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 10:45:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2012 10:46:08 AM PDT
Watcher says:
If you haven't seen the first few seasons of How I Met Your Mother, you should. There are some great episodes with her as the focus.

Posted on May 8, 2012 11:03:01 AM PDT
Rab says:
Hehe yeah...she's good eye candy. She's supposed to be Maria Hill right?

Posted on May 8, 2012 11:17:40 AM PDT
HIMYM tread jack!

Network TV is dead to me. Long live Adult Swim.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  21
Total posts:  264
Initial post:  Apr 26, 2012
Latest post:  May 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PlayStation 3, 20GB
PlayStation 3, 20GB by Sony (PlayStation 3)
3.4 out of 5 stars (102)