Of all the films, I think Captain America suffered the most from being a prelude film. It more than likely would have been the best of the lot, based on how it started, but then it felt rushed in order to get the Avengers tie-in worked in, when the whole freezing thing should have been left for the second movie after Baron Zemo, so that we could see more Cap in WWII action. It's just feels unfinished.
Yeah, as a Cap fan I think they could have done a part 2 with the freezing thing as well....as well as could have spent more time on the bucky/cap relationship in the first but it is what it is. They still did right by me for the most part.
Yeah I wasn't disappointed in the Cap movie at all, Cap being probably one of the hardest heroes to do. Done wrong, it can come off extremely corny, because Cap's as straight-a as they come, but they actually make him very cool, and in the Avengers they really make him cool. Those running shots, where he's jumping over cars and flipping are awesome. And I love the fact that he uses the shield a lot more.
Agent Phil Coulson of SHIELD is secretly the Vision. I'll tell you why.
1. The movies have already established that both Synthezoids (Captain America) and Life Model Decoys (Avengers, Iron Man 2 [Stark Expo]) exist. Fully passable androids are already around.
2. Coulson has never exhibited emotion, not once. He remains cool calm and collected in the most insane situations. Even after being stabbed through the chest by Loki he barely bats an eyelash and advises Fury to use his death to motivate the team.
3. Coulson was somehow able to get through Stark Tower's security systems basically unchallenged.
4. When talking about Coulson after his "death" Fury says he "lost his one good eye", a clear reference to Coulson's codename Vision. Coulson has acted as Fury's eyes in the field in every single aspect of the Avenger's Initiative.
5. The one subject he expresses any real enthusiasm in is Captain America, a contemporary of Jim Hammond, the original Synthezoid on which the Vision was based. And most importantly, if this is true then Phil Coulson is alive.
Seems like Samuel L Jackson has finally gotten linked with a good franchise that fully makes him a genre hero. Star Wars was cool and all, but I like his Nick Fury a whole lot more, he actually gets to really take part in and initiate some stuff.
I'd also like to see much more of the character Maria Hill in the next Avengers movie. She's a huge character in the present Iron Man series, and if Fury ever got ousted she'd be next in command. Don't know who the actress is who played the role is at present, but she was very good.