Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

the price of world adventures!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 5, 2009 7:30:48 AM PDT
Gary Larue says:
http://www.petitiononline.com/wa2dear/petition.html
ITS A RIDICULOUS PRICE AHH! forty dollars for an EP??? sign the petition above for a lower price.

Posted on Sep 5, 2009 12:45:39 PM PDT
That's a bunch of BS, there better be a heck of alot of content in this game for the price! Even at $40.00 I'll still probably wind up buyng it anyway, but still... The price is not fair.

Posted on Sep 11, 2009 2:09:55 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 12, 2009 11:13:56 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 13, 2009 2:49:00 PM PDT
Just do what I did for the Sims 3:
I waited two days and then -- bam! Craiglist was overflowed with people trying to sell it back b/c they didn't meet system requirements :) If you know how to haggle, you can get it way cheaper. I got the Sims 3 for only 25. I'm going to do the same for this one.

Posted on Sep 17, 2009 12:27:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 17, 2009 1:09:35 AM PDT
J. Clyde says:
As for the "heck of a lot of content" I think you can expect the same thing with what you got with The Sims 3 which is just the opposite. A lot of content left out of the game so you will have to pay extra and buy it from the Sims 3 store which now totals almost three hundred dollars worth of add-on's for a game that is barely two months old. One single set of furniture at the Store is $24, which is more than half of what this expansion pack is and amounts to nothing more than decoration. In an initial interview about the game, that was pretty much what was said and you can expect a bunch of "similar themed" items to unreel in the store on launch day. So the $40 bucks isn't but a fraction of what you'll end up paying if you want more content in your game.

Also, check out the photo's from the game. About 90 per cent of the decorations in the pictures come from the base game. Another indication of what they are planning with the 3 store. If there were new furniture etc. in the game, they would showcase it and I guarantee you they are going to do nothing more than go over and over and over the same things again and again for advertisement: basement tool, motor scooter, and mummy. They won't be ballyhooing the new home furnishings, clothing, or hair since they will direct you to the 3 store for that stuff. Do not pass go, but have your pay pal account and credit cards handy.

But it's ridiculous to add $10 dollars to an expansion pack when you are already nickel and diming your customers. Anybody who pays that price for this game has a serious addiction problem. So now the "expansion packs" which is nothing more than an add on costs as much as the original game.

Posted on Sep 17, 2009 2:09:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 17, 2009 2:11:39 PM PDT
Mandi says:
I'm not desperate enough to pay almost $40 for an expansion pack. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. I give it a month or two before the price is down to $30 or less. There's not a high enough demand for a $40 expansion pack and EA is kidding themselves if they think otherwise.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 3:45:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2009 3:46:41 AM PDT
J. Clyde says:
At today's price, (9/21 $36.98) the expansion pack is actually priced more than the original game ($33.98). Makes sense to me....not. Major Fail by EA, but it's generally what you get from that company. If google it, you'll find that this years Madden sales were below what they had counted on after spending extra boo koo bucks to promote. I guess they think Sims players will pick up the difference for their mistakes. Not this one.

Posted on Oct 6, 2009 9:20:23 AM PDT
Best to go to Mod The Sims site and wait it out . . .

Posted on Oct 8, 2009 10:53:42 AM PDT
Not paying $40 for an expansion....Also why is the pre-order on MAC and not PC o.O? I'll wait for the price to drop. *coddles her new 120GB PS3*

Posted on Oct 9, 2009 2:44:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2009 2:51:33 AM PDT
E. Thomsen says:
Slightly off topic per-se, but since Jenelle Heart mentioned this:

"....Also why is the pre-order on MAC and not PC o.O?"

I'll mention that if you look, the box has the "Win/Mac" logo on it, indicating there's both a Windows/PC and a Mac OS X version on the DVD. Most copies of the Sims 3 (or all I think really) had this logo and were for both OS also if I recall right.

I will look on EA's site and/or another reseller to be sure, if I find out I'm wrong I'll edit this post to indicate so.

ADDENDUM: I just took out my Sims 3 disc, it has that WIN/MAC logo on it, so IMO that kind of confirms it, this expansion is for both. They just goofed slightly and only put Mac OS X in the description.

Posted on Oct 21, 2009 10:06:53 AM PDT
Cory says:
the original sims 3 game was 50 bucks, not 33 bucks. also, smns 2 expansion packs were 35bucks, so how is 36 bucks off amazon any different?

Posted on Oct 21, 2009 4:16:13 PM PDT
J. Clyde says:
"the original sims 3 game was 50 bucks, not 33 bucks. also, smns 2 expansion packs were 35bucks, so how is 36 bucks off amazon any different"

Your post is a little cryptic. Sims 2 expansion packs were SRP $29.99. Every single one of them. If you paid $35 bucks you were taken to the cleaners where ever you were buying them. Stuff packs were all $19.99 as well. But putting it this way: It will cost you a minimum of $70 bucks to play World Adventures if you haven't bought the original 3 game yet. If you have, your cost to play World Adventures is almost $90. A hundred if you bought the CE.

Posted on Oct 28, 2009 12:01:29 PM PDT
Cory says:
sims 1 expansions were 30 bucks. sims 2 expanions were 35bucks. most places sold it at a discount... heck, I waited a week,and got most of my sims2 expansions for 20 bucks on sale at circut city... sad they closed.

A. R. Brooks... do us all a favor and just stop playing thesims all together. You can whine all you want about having to pay money for video games, but that is not going to stop others from buying the games for themselves.

your preschool vendetta is getting kinda old.

Posted on Oct 28, 2009 7:16:42 PM PDT
Megjessie says:
Hear hear, A.R. if you don't like it, don't play it and don't buy anything. Your just rehashing arguments you've made before. Personally, I have the Sims 2 and 3, and play both. I love playing them just to be able to play around with the people, and put them together with other simmies and mess with them. I don't even go to the ea store or anything. I will get the new expansion pack, not immediately but I will at some point because I ENJOY the game. Now either shut up or go somewhere else where you can find some like minded people where you can bite each other heads off.

Posted on Oct 28, 2009 10:00:16 PM PDT
Spork says:
Well, the Sims 3 does use a more advanced game engine which requires more work to make content for. This is seen in a lot of games, the more advanced game technology gets, the bigger the development team it takes, and sometimes more time also. EA is a business and $7 isn't that much more, but if your going to wait, I would hold off on buying it until the patch comes out for the expansion because there are bound to be plenty of bugs.

Posted on Oct 29, 2009 12:35:54 PM PDT
Cory says:
That I find is the biggest problem with thesims games. It is such a open ended game that there will always be bugs. with other games, which are set quests, or semi directed gameplay, it is easier to squash bugs. in a game as open ended as the sms, you cant always forsee how the game will act when players get their hands on it, with their varied computer setups.

Posted on Nov 13, 2009 12:13:16 PM PST
Extreme says:
I agree with a lot of you. I won't be buying it until it decreases to $30. The new content is always never as much as they make it seem.
And I think most of you should consider doing the same. If they realize that the sales went down simply because of the price, it can change.

Posted on Nov 15, 2009 9:23:04 AM PST
S. Radler says:
I'm not paying $40 for an expansion pack and I'm not a pirate, either. I expect the price will come down in December or on Black Friday for the holiday shopping season, and I since I don't have to have it on release day, that'll be fine.

Posted on Nov 19, 2009 10:40:19 PM PST
Luk3 says:
I can't believe the packaging.

I saw this today at my Target and was shocked by the cheap, flimsy, slim little DVD case it comes in. One of the most expensive EPs of it's type in all time and it has the most cheapest packaging. Not even a standard double-wide game case. Then, squeezing the case, it doesn't even seem as if there is an instruction manual inside and judging by past EPs I'm sure it's safe to assume you get a flimsy, B&W 3-4 page manual that is filled more with fine print than anything related to the EP.

Very sad for anyone who purchases this.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2009 7:15:19 PM PST
Xander says:
Im glad to see Amazon is listening. Its 28$ now, I think i might purchase it now.

Posted on Nov 23, 2009 10:13:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2009 8:09:06 AM PST
S. Radler says:
$28.99 today (11/23). Wonder if it will come down even more before Christmas? Hmmmmm....
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Sep 5, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 23, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack
The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack by Electronic Arts (Mac OS X, Windows Vista / XP)
3.7 out of 5 stars (237)