Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Valentine's Day Shop Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 2, 2008 9:24:04 AM PST
claire says:
does anybody think this will go down to $75 again before the holidays

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2008 7:22:46 AM PST
Mr. F says:
Honestly, no.
This was a Black Friday deal, and I don't see the price dropping that much before next year's Black Friday.
Even when it was in the deal of the day in Amazon.com's Gold Box a few months ago, it went at $114.95 - which still is a good price in and of itself if compared to all other online shops.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2008 7:44:15 PM PST
If you can find it for $150 or less, it's a bargain. I bought the season sets here at $39 each which was a deal considering everyone else wanted $60, but had I suspected a mega set back then, I would have waited and got that new. In the meanwhile, I have no complaints with what I have.

Posted on Sep 9, 2009 6:43:17 AM PDT
I almost purchased the mega set today (GB Deal for $120.99) but then I noticed that the discs, while cleverly packaged, are very likely to scratch in the cardboard holders. Especially if you watch the show often, as I do. I'm sticking with my individual sets for now, replacing as needed.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2009 9:22:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 9, 2009 9:23:12 AM PDT
Tommywood says:
I disagree, if they had it at $74.99 once, they can do it again. Anyone, who pays $120.99 for this set now when it was previously priced at $74.99 are being screwed

Posted on Oct 3, 2009 5:30:38 AM PDT
Not really $75 was a steal but so is $121 when you realize the set lists for $300. I bought the season sets at $39 a piece here which at the time was a bargain. Had I anticipated a mega set, I would have waited.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2010 7:18:25 AM PST
I have the set and have watched it many times. Not a scratch on any of my DVDs, so how ar you scratching yours??

Posted on Apr 10, 2010 5:47:37 PM PDT
One word, carelessness. For some reason, several people are so busy complaining about the boxes that mega sets come in, that they don't care about the program content. And before they can enjoy the entire content of the set, they damage it.

Posted on Sep 1, 2010 1:21:28 PM PDT
Does the set come with any extra materials besides the discs themselves?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2010 4:01:53 PM PST
Asked and answered, copy of the script of pilot I know is one extra, see product description for others.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 7:19:23 AM PST
I've been wanting the complete series for a long time, and this new price of $89 seems fair. I hope someone can answer my question. Seasons 6 and 7 apparently do not have subtitles in English, but the product info does state they are closed captioned. (Closed captions are also listed for the complete series.) I'm hearing impaired and use captions all the time, but one of the reviewers was complaining about the lack of English subtitles and I just want to be sure that ALL the discs have closed captions. If it's captioned, I don't need subtitles.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 3:33:18 PM PST
It IS captioned. Captions are controlled by your TV where Subbies are controlled by your Disc Player.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 2:24:53 PM PST
Thank you, Eric P, for the info. Now, of course, I wish I'd bought it, but have been travelling, holiday stuff, etc. and have left it on the shelf. But, if it comes down again, per your previous suggestion of anything below $150, I'm on it. On another note, I really don't understand why people who say they are hearing impaired complain about lack of subtitles, but never mention captions.

Posted on May 24, 2013 1:04:35 PM PDT
Lester Cole says:
we got tired of so many captions and subtitles missing. We finally bought TVEars, but any of that type are good. Now we know what
WW6 & 7 say, as well as not having to send anything back to Netflix. Recommended if you watch much TV. At first, one's ears hurt,
but that does go away.

Posted on May 24, 2013 2:15:01 PM PDT
It did come down in price and i did buy it a month or so ago. No problems with the captions so far -- and I'm totally dependent on them. I'm enjoying the show immensely, and it's funny, how often I think, "yep, that's kind of like what's going on now." A great cast. For those of you who are debating about purchase -- buy it. It's well worth it.

Posted on May 24, 2013 5:15:44 PM PDT
BCK says:
Your best bet of getting this set any cheaper is on eBay. Amazon's prices on DVDs and Blu-Rays have been terrible lately. Both Target and eBay have been beating them regularly. Also, there is a smaller set around with some of the same actors called "Kennedy" which is somewhat similar and can be had for less than $10.

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 4:24:34 PM PDT
Kennedy with Martin Sheen is a miniseries based on true history. This series is complete fictional and different and even more fun.

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 9:26:32 AM PDT
Willow3X3 says:
Much to my dismay, my box set arrived sans seasons 2 & 3 (which I, of course, did not notice until I had completed watching season 1). Thank the gods for Amazon's fabulous customer service. My "box set" will now have two "subsets," but I am so relieved that I didn't get a hassle when I contacted them.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Dec 2, 2008
Latest post:  Jun 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about