Is there any Bounty Hunter in this game?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 58 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 12, 2011 8:52:35 AM PST
Daniel Page says:
Can you be like Bobba Fet in this game?

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 8:55:03 AM PST
Yes, that is one of the main classes that you can choose from.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 9:05:31 AM PST
Geomancer says:
They are part of the Sith faction.

And no, before you ask, you can not take bounties on other players ;)

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 9:11:22 AM PST
Daniel Page says:
Aw, sweet! I hope I get a jetpack too.

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 9:45:05 AM PST
Diknak says:
Yes, you get a jetpack, but you don't get to just fly around. Some of the combat animations have low flying animation.

Also, check out swtor.com for more info about the classes.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 11:59:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2011 12:00:04 AM PST
The main website for the game has a rather extensive and elaborate set of pages that details all of the classes and their advanced classes and pretty much everything else you can imagine.

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 8:11:17 AM PST
Daniel Page says:
Ok, thanks for the info. Sucks you can't fly around with a jetpack though.

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 9:28:05 AM PST
Diknak says:
It's called balance. If you could fly and reach spots that no one else could, you would have a considerable advantage . . .both in reaching hidden datacrons and in PvP.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011 10:19:29 AM PST
Not to mention balance coolness, Diknak. Can't have scrubs like imperial agents and smugglers hoofing it when bounty hunters get to fly and Jedi and Sith jump ridiculous heights and distances.

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 1:41:59 PM PST
Daniel Page says:
Yeah, but I can always dream =D. By the by, I know they are alligned with Sith, but can they still be good guys in the sense of being on the light side of the force?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011 1:47:35 PM PST
Darth Brooks says:
Yes. I ran a completely light side BH during Beta. Made for some REALLY funny scenes when I was in party conversations.

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 3:05:26 PM PST
Campy says:
@Daniel Page

Your faction choice does not predetermine your alignment in this game. As Rusink stated, he did a light side BH. I made a 'mostly light side' Jedi Knight, with some...dubious decisions thrown in the mix.

As far as I know, alignment has some effect on equipment you can use (For example, true to lore tendencies, if you are leaning towards the light side, you can't use red gems. Sucks, but whatever) but I don't know what other implications there might be.

You could be a BH with a heart of gold!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 5:37:09 AM PST
Geomancer says:
I think your alignment will only affect appearance (for example like you said, the color of your blaster shots/saber blade).

I highly doubt they'll put in gear stat differences to avoid situations like "If you are a healer, you'll be gimped if you don't go light side for the gear".

They should of posted an end game gear set, one for light and one for dark, so people can get an idea =)

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 5:48:57 AM PST
Diknak says:
@Campy
Yes and no. You are correct that there are items that require light or dark side alignment, but your example is not correct. Color crystals for lightsabers do not have alignment restrictions.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 6:33:43 AM PST
D. Ertle says:
While in Beta there were several Lightsabers I looted that could only be used if you were at a certain rank in either Light or Dark side so yes your alignment will effect the gear you can use. As for the crystals there were some that had a restriction but not all of them did.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 6:53:47 AM PST
Darth Brooks says:
You cannot use a red crystal if you are Light rank 1 or higher; likewise, you cannot use a green or blue crystal if you are Dark rank 1 or greater. This is per a dev post on the forums. I believe Stephen Reid posted it, but I could be wrong, and it could have been another Bioware employee.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 7:35:59 AM PST
Diknak says:
That is incorrect Runsinko. In beta, I had an Artifice toon that was able to craft red and blue crystals that did not have alignment restrictions to them. I had a light rank of 1 and had red crystals used.

Note: This is something that changed. In previous beta builds, color crystals were locked to alignment, but it was removed.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 7:48:59 AM PST
Darth Brooks says:
Hmm, because the alignment restrictions were there on the November 25th beta......maybe it changed after that. They weren't restricted when I played in the November 11th-ish beta, when I had my artifice toon make them, but they were when I hopped back on him 2 weeks later. Maybe it changed again.

Also, I am amused that my name has been misspelled twice already, and it is in print. You guys should see the creative spellings I've seen when I've said my name to people.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 8:06:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2011 8:06:20 AM PST
D. Ertle says:
If I remember correctly the crystals that had no or little stat boosts had no restrictions. When I log in tonight I'll check the crystals I have.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 8:35:43 AM PST
Daniel Page says:
Ok, interesting stuff regarding the allignments. How much different is the gear appearance between light and dark Bounty Hunters? Also, are there different quests/NPCs and is the story arc at all different based upon allignment?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 8:44:44 AM PST
D. Ertle says:
The storyline itself doesn't change but the the outcome of certain missions can change depending on your choices. The gear looks the same it's just certain ones require a certain alignment to use. Now that I think about it I've really only noticed this in weapons not armor so it could be linked to the crystals in the weapons which can be switched out. As for the NPC's the stay the same but your affection level will be effected by your choices. I seem to remember something about companions leaving you if their affection gets to low but I could be wrong.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 9:03:16 AM PST
Daniel Page says:
Wow, seems like they could have done more regarding allignment, since that's the linchpin around which the entire Star Wars universe hinges. Light side vs Dark side is the driving force (no pun intended) behind the entire Star Wars story arc.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 9:10:17 AM PST
Darth Brooks says:
You do get different gear, but I didn't pay that much attention to stat differences between the sets. Though, they do look different.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 9:28:41 AM PST
Diknak says:
If you've played Bioware games in the past, the choices shouldn't seem strange to you. They have little to no impact on your story as a whole until you get to the end, then your choices really matter. The reason for that is because high impact decisions early on can create a hell of a lot more work since the story would have much bigger branches to work with.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 9:59:23 AM PST
Campy says:
"That is incorrect Runsinko. In beta, I had an Artifice toon that was able to craft red and blue crystals that did not have alignment restrictions to them. I had a light rank of 1 and had red crystals used.

Note: This is something that changed. In previous beta builds, color crystals were locked to alignment, but it was removed. "

I haven't gotten my artifice up yet, BUT, I remember from the thanksgiving weekend beta I had a few red gems I couldn't use because I was Light+2 or something.

NOW, if they removed, it awesome. Although, I play with my gf, and she's heavy into lore...she will NOT let me use a red gem, lol.

Little does she know...I know full well I would WANT the specific resonance of that red gem...*evil cackle*
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  58
Initial post:  Dec 12, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 22, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Star Wars: The Old Republic - PC
Star Wars: The Old Republic - PC by Electronic Arts (Windows Vista / XP)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (764)