If there were an Indy 5, what should Lucas do?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 18, 2009 1:19:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 18, 2009 1:21:01 PM PDT
Phoebe Oh says:
I had read some time back that George Lucas would like to do yet another Indiana Jones installment (film number 5).
I think the series is tired, and has become too silly (beyond what is fun even in a comic book type adventure), and could use some freshness.

Would you want to continue the series with Harrison Ford, whom I like, but seems less and less plausible as the adventurer, or would you like to see the series go back in time to when Indy was a little younger, around the time he and Marion first got together and fell out with Marion's father?
What type of story do you think would be good and whom would you cast as Indiana Jones? Zachary Quinto? Someone else?
And if Lucas has already started production of another with "Mutt," then let me know so I can stick a finger down my throat because the Mutt storyline was done ludicrously.

Posted on Aug 19, 2009 11:52:28 AM PDT
J. Harris says:
"If there were an Indy 5, what should Lucas do?"

Bring in Frank Darabont to write the script like he should have done in the 4th installment.

Posted on Aug 19, 2009 5:09:52 PM PDT
Roman85 says:
Why does everyone dislike Mutt???, I think people have issues with Shia Labouf more than anything, anyhow a prequel with Indy & Marion in the beginning does seem like a good idea though, who could play a young Indy & Marion?? the only one I can think of would be maybe>>> Josh Hartnett, maybe, & singer Mandy Moore, who sort of look the part, but again there are probably better picks I just can't at the moment think of.

Posted on Dec 11, 2009 4:42:00 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 11, 2009 4:44:48 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 18, 2009 1:24:23 PM PST
B. Gorman says:
use Excalibur, Noah's Ark, Atlantis, or something like that as a MacGuffin. no aliens. that was the only part of the movie I really didn't like. besides that, I thought it was a great installment in the Indy series

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2010 7:32:56 AM PST
Ruminator says:
Aw boo hoo...

Posted on Mar 26, 2010 10:54:39 AM PDT
Asril says:
"If there were an Indy 5, what should Lucas do?"

Keep himself from participating in ANY of the screenwriting!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2010 10:31:56 AM PDT
Josh Holloway as Indiana Jones.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2010 9:38:14 AM PDT
H. Jones Jr says:
I wouldn't mind seeing Indy 5 if the following were done:
1. Keep Harrison Ford as Indy, I honestly can't see anyone taking his place, even if he is old
2. No prequel please, Lucas' track record on prequels is pretty questionable, although I did enjoy Episode III
3. MINIMIZE CGI!!!! No monkeys or groundhogs etc. I understand it's a handy tool, but seriously the CGI critters are out of hand. The only creatures that it could be argued that CGI was needed for KotCS were the ants.
4. Keep the 50's setting, I think this has a lot of potential and the Commie's make the perfect competitor for finding whatever relic they go after, plus it lends a sense of continuity with Ford's age.
5. This may be redundant, but NO GOOFY CGI MONKEY SCENES. Or any scene where a group of CGI critters act with seemingly human intelligence to assist our heroes.
6. No "Shortround" or "Mac the triple agent" type characters.

All in all I liked KotCS, but the problems listed above prevented it from being a long lasting memorable experience. However, since I hate to be completely negative I'll list the things I thought KotCS got right, and why I like it better than ToD.

1. The serialized adventure-type feeling of the original three was still present
2. Nostalgia, it was nice to see Marion and Indy again
3. The action scenes (excluding the CGI monkeys) were awesome. I was grinning ear to ear in the theater during the Area 51 chase, the jungle chase/fight, chase at the university, and the waterfalls.
4. The aliens fit well into the 50's setting and pop culture and their presence was not overwhelming
5. The music was great, hard to beat John Williams

As to Mutt, I am kind of in between camps. I neither love him or hate him, but I would say that I'm not really comfortable with the idea of him becoming the lead character over Indy. Just my two cents as the old cliche goes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2010 5:02:10 PM PDT
B. Cole says:
"Keep himself from participating in ANY of the screenwriting!"

This.

If there were going to be another Indy film, Lucas needs to stay out of it. I respect him for what he's done and I respect his imagination, but I think he needs to just be a producer and leave the writing and directing in more capable hands.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2011 11:55:35 AM PST
AmentLVR says:
I agree. People love to hate Shia Labouf. While I don't think he's the best human being out there he's a fantastic actor and I loved his character in the movie. They would need a 15 year old for Marion however, I think Mandy Moore is more is 26ish. And she looks nothing like the original Marion.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2011 10:09:55 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 30, 2011 4:13:55 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Aug 18, 2009
Latest post:  Aug 30, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions