Customer Discussions > Wii Hardware Bundle - Black forum

Is there anything else I need to purchase ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2010 12:24:37 PM PST
J. Kelly says:
I have purchased a Wii bundle, two childrens controls, several extra games. Are there batteries or cables that I need to add so that my gift can be used immediately?

Posted on Nov 17, 2010 1:12:43 AM PST
I don't have a Wii as yet, I am purchasing mine today but you will need batteries for the remotes. Hopefully they will come with the entire package in the same way as when you purchase a new TV or DVD player that has a remote. I don't know if batteries come when you purchase extra controls but it can't help to buy a small pack of batteries. As for cables those come in the box.
Your local Best Buy or video game store might be of better help.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2010 11:55:12 AM PST
Slo-Hand says:
If you want to hook it up to the internet through a wired router you'll need a Wii Lan Adapter $24.99 + $5.00 shipping from the Nintendo website. You'll also need an ethernet cable of the proper length to reach your router. If you have just a wired modem you'll need to order another part which I didn't price because I have a wired router. In that case you'll also need an ethernet cable of the correct length to reach your modem. If you have a wireless router you're in luck because you shouldn't have to purchase anything additional to get on the internet .

Posted on Nov 21, 2010 6:43:03 PM PST
Seuss says:
I bought the bundle that has Wii Sports and Sports Resort. I don't know what else I need for 2 players to use it. Help!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2010 7:18:13 PM PST
E. Morain says:
An extra Wii Remote Plus and Wii Nunchuk Controller.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2010 10:33:20 AM PST
Seuss says:
Thank you - so is the 'Wii MotionPlus' gadget just to be used with the accessories like the golf club, baseball bat, etc, and not useful with the bundle it comes in?

Posted on Nov 23, 2010 10:09:33 AM PST
The new remotes come with the motion plus in it, the older ones you have to hook onto the bottom of the remotes. You use them for a variety of games, with the older ones, we just keep it hooked on all the time. You need it for most of the games on the resorts cd I believe. If you don't have it, you can't play some games, it's not just for games you swing though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2010 5:04:21 PM PST
L. Stevens says:
What do I have to do to get Netflix hooked up to Wii. I don't see anything that states I can access Netflix with this bundle but all the other websites I checked stated clearly I can get movies through Netflix.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2010 5:16:35 PM PST
David D. says:
You just download the netflix app from the wiistore, its free. Then you can access your account from Netflix and link the device.

Posted on Dec 4, 2010 6:47:38 AM PST
moogle_kupo says:
The controllers do come with two double A batteries to operate them. However, there is an EXCELLENT charging station that I personally own & highly recommend. It is a magnetic induction charger that holds the remotes in place with a small powerful magnet and charges it just by having it stuck to the magnet using electrical induction. The charger will charge the remotes through the protective rubber sleeves that are on the remotes. Most every other charger requires this to be removed, which is a major hassle. The chargers are available in white or black and you can get one that holds 2 or 4 controllers. Not to mention they look fantastic. Here is the link to the charger;
Nyko Technologies 87054 Charge Base IC for Nintendo Wii

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2010 12:08:46 PM PST
I don't understand what a Wii Nunchuk Controller does.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2010 1:05:40 AM PST
frogluv655 says:
some games require the nunchuk and some don't. The numchuk plugs into the wii remote and allows you more input into a game. The sports cartridge that comes with the wii has boxing, and the nunchuk is used in the nondominant hand for that game so the console senses what both hands are doing. For wii resort, the nunchuk is used for archery - you hold the remote in the one hand like a bow, and you draw the bow string with the nunchuk (numchuk also has a trigger button and a directional button. But the nunchuk isn't needed at all for bowling. When you buy a wii game cartridge, usually there are icons somewhere on the box that shows how many wii remotes it will support (usually 1, 2 or 4) and whether or not it needs numchuks. For some games, the nunchuk is essential to help navigate or switch views. While four remotes come in handy when you have a group bowling, we haven't needed more than two numchuks. Since one nunchuk comes with the console normally, you find yourself purchasing one more nunchuk.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2010 1:25:24 AM PST
Seuss says:
thanks for these details - sounds like with an additional nunchuk and controller I now have what we will need to use it on Christmas morning!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2010 11:46:15 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 9, 2010 11:47:27 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 9, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Wii Bundle with Wii Sports & Wii Sports Resort - White
Wii Bundle with Wii Sports & Wii Sports Resort - White by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (539)