Is there a digital copy of Iron Man with the DVD?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 8, 2008 9:28:38 PM PDT
I was just wondering if Paramount included a digital copy of the movie with the Iron Man DVD. I won't be happy if I have to pay for the same movie twice just because I want it on my iPod to go.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2008 9:34:24 PM PDT
Why would you have to pay twice? If it doesn't have digital copy, just use AnyDVD or something like that.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2008 12:05:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 9, 2008 12:06:02 PM PDT
Yeah, but technically, AnyDVD is illegal in the U.S. because it circumvents CSS DRM, which is useless in the first place. But If there's a free iTunes copy, I won't have to bother with that.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2008 4:00:58 PM PDT
It is actually our right to make archival copies. This DRM is unconstitutional, and hopefully one day it will be banned. I'm not a pirate, I buy all my movies legit, so it has nothing to do (personally) with getting stuff for free.

Excercise your right to make the copies you are entitled to.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 6:12:32 PM PDT
I hope Paramount/Sony Pictures follows the suit of Fox and Disney and starts selling a version of all of its new movies with an iPod compatible digital copy.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2008 4:01:06 PM PDT
I hope so too, 'cause I am NOT paying 15 bucks for this movie just so I can have it on my iPod.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2008 1:55:34 PM PDT
I would like it not to be bound to just an ipod, but digital copy for all fair use.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2008 2:35:32 PM PDT
Not everybody buys the DVD. Some of us buy it on Blu-ray, and can't rip that format into an iPod-friendly format.

If we're paying $30 for a Blu-ray, it would be nice to get a digital copy with it so that we can watch a lower-res version on the go.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2008 12:25:55 PM PDT
Michael says:
No digital copy.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2008 4:41:07 PM PDT
V. Bullara says:
Target has a special edition complete with an "Iron Man Mask" to hold the two disc edition and it includes a digital copy for $24.99

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2011 12:25:20 AM PDT
And that is where iCloud comes into pay, archiving all you copies of songs, movies, etc

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 3:11:27 AM PST
Screw DRM. Louis CK released his latest comedy special for $5 DRM free. That's how things need to be from now on. All these DRM copyright issues just makes more people pirate. The fact that I have to watch 3 unskippable ads before finally getting to my movie whereas I can watch a movie immediately if I pirate does not make sense.

I'm not saying that pirating isn't bad, but watching a blu-ray/dvd should not be so inconvenient that watching a ripped copy of the movie is easier.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Sep 8, 2008
Latest post:  Jan 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions