Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Subscribe & Save Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now Learn more

Is there gonna be an unrated director's cut version?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 27, 2009 3:26:20 PM PDT
Boomatic206 says:
You know with all the violence and nudity that was cut out to get a PG-13 rating??

Posted on Sep 29, 2009 7:38:39 PM PDT
JCE says:
Yes, this has Moon Bloodgood's breasts in this cut, but it's only 3 minutes longer than the Theatrical release. If you want the movie now, go ahead and buy it, but there's going to be another release down the road, so be prepared to double dip and pay for the movie twice. Once now, and again when they release ALL the deleted scenes, all 30-40 mins of extra footage, most likely gonna be called Terminator Salvation: The Skynet Edition or the Alternate Edition with the original ending and original plot, before it was cut up and made into this version that we all know. So, I would suggest waiting, but you could be waiting a while, so it's up to you if you want both versions of the film.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2009 1:51:04 PM PDT
How do you know this exactly? Just because you want that doesnt mean it will happen. I don't mind this cut as it will add a little more to the film and make it more gritty and realistic. I loved the film so obviously I'll be getting it. I'm sick of people reviewing a dvd before it is released.

Posted on Oct 2, 2009 2:30:59 PM PDT
Boomatic206 says:
^^ Yea do you have a source or link. Or is it jus a guess.

Posted on Oct 10, 2009 3:18:12 PM PDT
NQ says:
They do that on any DVD/Blu-ray with a decent fan following, so it's a VERY educated guess.

Posted on Oct 20, 2009 12:44:53 AM PDT
I hate how movies always do that its like lets see how many slightly different versions of this movie we can make.

Posted on Nov 12, 2009 6:25:11 PM PST
J Dabell says:
I think if anyone has any doubts they should just wait and see what is announced when it comes down to a product, if a company can bleed something dry it will go out of its way to do so, however that being said the movie imo was very good considering the fact that MCG had so much to achieve after James Cameron's excellent work on Terminator 2 (being probably the greatest "Terminator" movie of the bunch).

Right now things are looking very good at least as far as what you get for what you're paying, Wal*Mart and Amazon seem to be in a price war not just on this product but on so many others and currently Wal*Mart has this item listed for sale at a pre order price of $15.86 compared to Amazon's $16.49 and I can see this continuing before the actual release date of Dec 1, 2009 arrives.

For anyone that has already seen and enjoyed the movie and the CG effects which were pretty outstanding can you really not want to pay around $16 for this movie ??

I've enjoyed all of the Terminator franchise movies thus far and don't see this movie as being a flop in any way, sure we knew where the plot would take us in this latest installment however at least there was a couple of pleasant surprises throughout which added to the enjoyment although Christian Bale as John Connor....yeah not so sure how that really works out but I guess we'll see in the next one if he can keep his rants to himself long enough to be in the 2nd of a trilogy of Terminator movies by Warner Bros.

Ok thats enough of me trying to tell everyone to go out and buy this movie, if you're a fan you will and if you're not, then its pretty obvious ~ make up your own minds and offer your thoughts after you've seen it, don't be swayed by negativity !!

Posted on Nov 15, 2009 2:56:34 PM PST
c says:
Are you sure they even filmed the alternate version? I read they changed it all up once Bale was cast and he wanted John Conner to have a bigger part. Maybe I'm remembering wrong but they at least hinted that this alternate version of the screenplay wasn't even shot. I would love a different version by the way...was not satisfied in the least by the version released in the theaters and there's no way 3 minutes will fix that.

Posted on Dec 18, 2009 12:19:21 PM PST
S. Ryan says:
McG said the directors cut would add an additional 30-40 min to the movie and all we got was 3 minutes. Watchmen is the only other move that had no commentary but had maximum movie mode and yet they released an even longer version of that. If you'd seen the R rated version you'll see besides still having some bad editing the movie still seems to be missing pieces of itself.

Posted on Dec 19, 2009 8:38:41 PM PST
Wheelie Man says:
There is no doubt that there will be another version of this film but how long will people wait due to this? Look at it this way, if you waited until there were no rumors of a better version then you still wouldn't own the film. At some point you have to decide if you want to own it or just talk about owning something in the future. It would be different if there was already a scheduled upgrade release with tons of extras. A few of the films I've seen worth waiting on due to the drastic difference in the versions were the Lord of the Ring movies. On the other side of the coin, I'm still waiting on the extended version of The Crow that has the fight scene with the the skeleton boss (forget the name). I'm sure glad I bought The Crow when it came out and didn't wait!

Posted on Jan 16, 2010 10:39:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2010 10:54:02 AM PST
John Doe says:
I've also heard the rumors of a coming expanded (+30-40 minutes) possibly unrated cut of this movie (salvation) down the road. I've actually heard late 2010 as a possibility, but again just a rumor at this point. Hopefully the rumors will turn out to be true, I'll wait and see b/c I so hate the double dip game studios love to play. I agree a clean PG-13 version of the Terminator series just doesnt feel right, I want it to be more violent, bloody, gritty, gory, and longer is always good too :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 3:57:42 PM PDT
SCROG says:
Its been 4 years and still waiting on the elusive new cut of the film.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Sep 27, 2009
Latest post:  Mar 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions