Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Veronica Mars: Season 3 forum

Is there no hope in keeping Veronica alive?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 28, 2007 12:46:16 PM PDT
Is it really too late to save Veronica Mars. Probably if I have read the reviews correctly. However, we have seen shows come back. Not often, but they have. I am sad to admit that my wife and I didn't become hooked on Veronica Mars until a couple months ago. We were at a convention, met Kristen Ball and got her autograph without a clue about the show. This made us check out the first four episodes of the first season from Movie Gallery. Immediately we ordered the first two seasons from Amazon and watched two or three episodes a night until they were finished. Then we started the Summer reruns where sadly we learned this would be the last season. As former teachers and people who have used the media in the classroom we can attest that this was the best show on television. Were we still in the classroom we would be using this show and we do have our kids and grandkids watching it. I cannot say if the one star reviewers are correct that this last season isn't as good as the first two, and have ordered it anyway. The third season of Classic Star Trek was considered a bomb compared to the first two seasons, but now after 40 years it is in great demand as are the first two seasons. It is so late now there probably is no way fans can rescue the show, but we should encourage media conventions to have the cast and creators made guests of honor and hit the news whether TV or print in any way possible. Certainly we deserve a reprise of the show in some form or even a motion picture. Based on the reviews, which I won't write until I have seen the rest of the Summer reruns, there are thoughts of a Veronica Mars as an FBI agent. Kristen Bell would likely need to be in a role as an older woman. As young as she looks she is 27. Then again so is Tom Welling who plays Clark Kent in Smallville.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2007 6:16:48 PM PDT
Landry says:
Dr. Eichelman,

From what I have read as well, shows have come back (e.g. Family Guy) from cancellation. I thought this article was very intriguing: http://copywriteink.blogspot.com/2007/06/selling-series-nbc-cbs-and-cw.html.

In a nutshell, it states that strong DVD sales, fan support, and syndication have revived these shows. There are many of us out there are still lobbying for some form of continuation as you discussed above.

Unfortunately, many of the cast members have already signed onto new projects...but all the buzz out there, including your post, leads me to believe the CW/CBS has cancelled an amazing television show.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2007 5:41:32 AM PDT
Good article. Thank you. All we can do is "fight the good fight" and "keep the faith". : )

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2007 6:56:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2007 6:56:50 PM PDT
Captain Gendron USA,

This was one of the best written shows I've seen. The cast had a definite chemistry that made the show work. If possible, start with Season 1 and work your way to Season 3. Lets keep our fingers crossed for a new series or a motion picture.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2007 7:25:47 AM PDT
A. Byrd says:
I am in the same boat you are. My husband and I just became aware of Veronica Mars a few weeks ago (after the show was cancelled). We watched the complete first season in a week and I could hardly wait until season two was delivered. I must say I hope that Veronica and Logan reunite soon (I have only watched the first disc of season two). I am now ordering season three so it will be delivered before I am done with the discs I have now.

I did hear that Jason Dohring is going to be in a new show on CBS called Moonlight that airs September 28th I believe. I think he is a wonderful actor and I will watch this show just to see him. Everyone should check it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2007 11:35:34 AM PDT
I have just finished an excellent book entitled "Neptune Noir" a collection of very good essays with commentary by the creator of the show. I am afraid the third season won't be available until October and we shot through the first two seasons too quickly. We tried to hold back from Summer reruns of season three, but have watched a couple. CW has replaced most of the reruns with other shows. TV Guide hinted that Kristen Bell may be in 24 as an FBI agent. That would be interesting. We did buy her Lifetime film on DVD, Gracie's Choice, based upon a true story. Funny how Gracie and Veronica both have the same kind of mother to contend with.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2007 1:24:29 AM PDT
Season 3 is definetly worth the wait though. Its probably good that you didn't watch too much of the season out of order. I'm so bummed that VM is cancelled, but I have hope too that it can be brought back. If anyone is interested there is a forum setup to talk about Ms. Mars and ways to save the show. I don't know what they'll think about me posting this link but the worst they can do is delete the message: http://www.freeforums.in/phpbb/index.php?mforum=savevm I always shopped on Amazon but it wasn't until someone mentioned the same article that B. Landry did that I thought to actually post something. Veronica Mars is a great show and it deserves another chance. Come check out the forum if you're interested in learning more about the effort.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2007 12:22:02 PM PDT
If you want to join the fight, go to http://www.neptune-rising.weebly.com and join the forum. There is a movie campaign and 2 petitions to sign. And plus, the forum is a great place to meet other fans and where you can help work on the campaigns.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2007 3:38:17 PM PDT
Thanks for the tip. I will. : )

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2009 9:43:22 PM PDT
I can't believe it took you all a week to watch these seasons. I loved this show and half way through season one I got stationed in England so I couldn't finish it until it came out on DVD....I watched the entire season in 3 days....and that was with me pacing myself. The Second season was done in 2 days.
I would love to see a movie in the next couple years of Veronicas senior class coming together for a 5 year high school reunion and of course something terrible happens while the gang is all back home......hmmm
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jun 28, 2007
Latest post:  Mar 11, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about