Is there is a negative campaign against this title?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 4, 2006 11:45:45 AM PDT
Luan Gaines says:
You may not like the book and feel free to say so, but please read the other reviews before giving them a yes or no votes, as most HAVE read this very long and time-consuming book and have taken the time to write what they thought. Maybe it would be more appropriate to use the new "comment" section by the voting icons to state your case, rather than heap negative votes on reviewers. Thanks for your considerarion of this topic. luansos

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2006 1:40:47 PM PDT
Maybe it would be a good idea to post comments rather than heaping negative votes on people. Keeping in mind that many people have read advance copies of this book. The problem is not with the reviews, all of which are good, whether I agree with them or not. Perhaps the problem is with the book itself; it is just not very good.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2006 10:38:15 AM PST
I notice that no negative or critical reviews have been posted for a few weeks now. Very strange, since you know there must be some people who did not like this novel or who at least have a more critical review then the raves they are currently posting. If anything, there is now a campaign to promote this author and this title to the disregard of any true literary or historical analysis.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2006 7:38:02 PM PST
They never posted my review, and I wrote it a month ago. It is obvious that they have stopped posting reviews that are three stars or less. So much for freedom of speech. The publishers are deciding what the American public will want to read. I know there must be other people who could hardly finish this book; it was so boring.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2007 12:35:53 PM PST
read2think says:
wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that costco bought a billion of them????
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Oct 4, 2006
Latest post:  Dec 10, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Abundance: A Novel of Marie Antoinette
Abundance: A Novel of Marie Antoinette by Sena Jeter Naslund (Hardcover - October 3, 2006)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (134)