Is there a place to hook up cable through the monitor?
asked by Michelle Williams on February 5, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
votes
This monitor blew up about 20 days after I bought it, so returned it. If you mean coaxial cable,no, I don't think any computer monitor does
Steven Cote answered on February 5, 2013

A
votes
This monitor has a headphones Port, VGA Port, HDMI Port, DVI Port and a power port. It does not have a port for you to hook up TV Cable to it.
Joshua Cohoe answered on February 6, 2013

A
votes
The monitor accepts three types of connectors: Signal Input : HDMI , D-Sub, DVI-D. Cable is normally a coaxial input so a direct connection would not work.
H. Michael Siesel answered on February 6, 2013

A
votes
I am not sure though I have not tried or looked for a cable connection because I have no need for this.
J. Devore answered on February 6, 2013

A
votes
It has a little lock slot on the back of it if that's what you mean.
05bushehri answered on February 6, 2013

A
votes
Cable as in coaxial for television, no. If you wanted to watch TV on this monitor you would have a couple of options. Your best bet would be to use a TV tuner card. The coax would go from the outlet into the installed tuner card and whatever method you use to connect the monitor to the computer (VGA, HDMI, DVI) would be able to display the TV feed. You need to check first with your cable company. You may need an additional box that they may charge your for per month. Another option would be to use an OTA antenna. That would be free but you still need the tuner card. It also depends on if you are docking a laptop to the monitor or using a desktop pc. That will dictate what sort of TV tuner card you would have to look for. Another option depends on if you currently have a digital cable or satellite receiver that is capable of multiple outputs. If the monitor is close enough to the current box you may be able to run another cable out of the receiver into the monitor. For example, if you have a Dish Network receiver there is a connection on the box for a nearby TV so you can simultaneously output the same channel on two different displays. That would require an adapter though. There are many questions that have to be answer in order to determine what exactly you are trying to do and what quality you are looking for.
Eric answered on February 6, 2013

A
votes
No
Chad answered on February 6, 2013

A
votes
No
Aju Skaria answered on February 8, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›