Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
asked by Spodeworld on October 19, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 81-90 of 141 answers
A
I got mine on Dec 29th and have no focusing issues.
Keen Eye answered on January 4, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Indeed I had extreme Backfokus with my Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 and Nikon D7000 - had not probs with Nikon D300

http://spinthma.zenfolio.com/d7000_backfokus

Sent to Nikon Support Germany
and they fixed it - now it's like the D300;
But still the AF-Module is not as accurate as the AF-Module of Nikon D300/D700
and tends to fail on low contrast
/Karl
KarEl BrightShooster answered on January 4, 2011

A
updating the firmare helped with the sharpness? i wasn't gonna update mine since i didn't have any hot pixels.
R. Lee answered on January 13, 2011

A
FYI: Firmware update has been available for a few weeks now:

http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17108
Brian Lee answered on January 15, 2011

A
hello
After reading all of this I did some googling and this link to me provides a very balanced view on focus/back focus issues. this is the link-http://focustestchart.com/chart.html. Although this refers to different nikon model the lesson to be learnt I think is common for all cameras. Hope you find this interesting
Hiran Weliwitigoda answered on January 22, 2011

A
The images from the D7000 are not sharp. I used a tripod to check the sharpness and the cropped images are terrible. To be sure I tried the 50mm 1.8 vs the 18-105 lens and the results were similar which excludes the lens as the source. I also tried sharpening as well as thee manual focus and this did not solve the problem. The d7000 is going back to the store. For 1500 buck one should not be disappointed.
Dainius Juras answered on March 14, 2011

A
The 18-105 is a VR lens. Did you turn off VR when you were using the tripod? If you didn't the VR system will soften the photos. It's an odd anomaly with that and other VR lenses.
S. Thomas answered on March 14, 2011

A
The 18-105 is a VR lens. Did you turn off VR when you were using the tripod? If you didn't the VR system will soften the photos. It's an odd anomaly with that and other VR lenses.
S. Thomas answered on March 14, 2011

A
® answered on March 16, 2011

A
® answered on March 25, 2011
‹ Previous   1   ...   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   Next ›

See all questions about this product