Customer Discussions > True Blood: Season 1 forum

Is there somewhere I can see the pilot for free?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 8, 2009 2:32:19 PM PDT
H. Brown says:
I am interested in this show, but before I buy the full season; is there anywhere I can legally see the first episode to see if I will be interested in it or not. I have considered maybe iTunes(not sure if they carry it) but usually it's about $3.00 per episode.

Posted on Jun 8, 2009 3:38:11 PM PDT
L. A. Kruk says:
http://www.watchtrueblood.net/season-1-episode-1-strange-love

That was a link I found while searching online. You can also try alluc.org and search true blood. It gives you the episode lists from there. As for how legal any of these are...I'm not sure. Sorry.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2009 11:12:43 PM PDT
Jason Torres says:
you can also try greatstufftv.com

Posted on Jun 25, 2009 10:01:29 PM PDT
It can be seen at surfthechannel.com

Posted on Jun 28, 2009 12:36:14 AM PDT
Luckee says:
I've heard some people say that this series starts a little slow but picks up, so you should probably see a couple of episodes first

Posted on Jun 30, 2009 6:14:54 PM PDT
DRU says:
circuit city was selling the first show for $0.01, yes thats one cent.

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 3:54:50 PM PDT
None of the websites mentioned here are legal (apparently most people ignored that part of your question), thus why they keep getting shut down and starting back up, or else only post links with disclaimers that they 'aren't responsible for linked content'. You likely won't find any episodes for free legally, since HBO is a premium network, but if you browse around the legal digital download sites that offer TV shows for downloadable sale, you should be able to find a reasonable price you can live with. Though I can tell you now, I have the first season, and so far I've gotten eight completely different people with drastically different tastes in TV completely hooked, and not a single person I've seen watch it has disliked this show. With how reasonable the price is for the first season now, you're likely better off just buying it. If by some chance you don't like it, I guarantee there'll be no shortage of people willing to take it off your hands for about what you paid for it new, and you can chalk up any slight shortrage there may be to a very reasonable rental fee (since if you rented the discs somewhere it'd cost you a lot more). I've gotten offers for my set, and I'm not even selling. If I had said I was, I'm sure I'd get a lot more people offering to buy it.

Posted on Oct 7, 2009 1:49:47 PM PDT
A Customer says:
Yes, you can watch season one for free. It's called the library. I checked out season one from my library and paid nothing to watch it. But, that will depend on how big/updated your library is. My library, Santa Clara County Library, is rated number one in the country. I consider myself very lucky to have a fantastic library. The link below will show you just how popular this series is. The library owns 25 copies and their is a waiting list of 148 people. Check the web for your closes library and see if they have it. If they don't have it, put in a "suggestion" for them to purchase it. Anyone else reading this post can do the same for the library nearest you.

http://146.74.92.18/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1254E4A11198V.46686&profile=scco&uri=link=3100025~!1194394~!3100001~!3100002&aspect=subtab25&menu=search&ri=1&source=~!horizon&term=True+blood.+Season+1&index=PALLTI

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010 6:51:11 AM PST
Harmony K. says:
Yeah, well, my library has 16 copies and 387 people waiting. By the time it's my turn, all the copies will be lost or scratched. :(

Another vote for just taking a chance and buying it. I bought the True Blood DVDs and the paperbacks and the audiobooks and love them all.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010 1:31:07 PM PST
A Customer says:
Make a suggestion for your library to purchase more. You can do that. The libraries, if I understand it correctly, can't purchase without someone suggesting it. It's worth a try.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jun 8, 2009
Latest post:  Feb 4, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
True Blood: Season 1
True Blood: Season 1 by Anna Paquin (DVD - 2014)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (3,946)