Customer Discussions > Firefly: The Complete Series forum

Is there any word on a Buffy or Angel blu-ray set?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 9, 2009 6:49:09 PM PDT
Angelus says:
I have Joss Whedon's Firefly, Buffy, and Angel on dvd. I love his work. Although it being a Gold Box deal, the price on Firefly just isn't tempting enough. I would, however, buy Buffy and Angel again on Blu-ray, at any price. Does anyone know if this is in the works at all? Amazon has it listed, but there is no set date on a release anytime soon.

Posted on Nov 30, 2009 9:59:29 PM PST
Doug Wade says:
They'd have to rescan the original film and redo all the post production in high def. Probably not going to happen any time soon...

Posted on May 26, 2010 11:47:00 AM PDT
Maybe never, especially since Buffy was shot in 4:3 instead of Fireflys native 16:9. If I'm not mistaken, future seasons of Angel after S1 were shot in widescreen, so who knows about that one. Hi-def ain't exactly a medium devoted to full-frame entertainment, so only time will tell.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2010 9:16:12 PM PDT
4x3 has nothing to do with whether something's in HD or not. The original Star Trek series is out on Blu Ray in HD and it's 4x3. The Twilight Zone is coming too. Also 4x3. The reason is the fact that Buffy and Angel were shot on film but edited and all the FX done in 480i SD video.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jun 9, 2009
Latest post:  May 26, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Firefly: The Complete Series
Firefly: The Complete Series by Nathan Fillion (DVD - 2003)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (7,304)