Do these work with a Macintosh? Without downloading a bunch of patches?
asked by Randi on December 21, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
the Flip Mino HD has a lot of problems connecting with the Macs. Has anyone had a trouble connecting the usb on the Ultra?
D. Moore answered on December 28, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
it has issues connecting with the software on mine, but you can get into the camera and import the files into imovie
E. Van Wingerden answered on December 29, 2009

A
As to whether Flip video recorders work with mac, have no fear. Everything works fine on my Mac. Even the FlipShare movie editing software works fine (contrary to early test reports) My only gripe is that the newest update to the FlipShare software doesn't work on my legacy PowerPC chip Macintosh. You must have the newer Intel processor Macintosh to use the latest and greatest Flip software.
Robert M. Farr answered on February 10, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a very helpful answer here. There's a suggestion that mino has "connection problems", which may or may not include "ultra". I'm not sure if or why there would be any difference if the software is the same. My general understanding from searching the web on this topic is that at least the 2d generation flips *should* work normally with late version macs (hardware & OS), but that their movie editing functions are not mac compatible. A suggestion above is that iMovie might render that less significant.
Thomas H. Gonser answered on January 9, 2010

A
Thx for the update. We now agree the Flip works just fine w/the Mac, and especially iMovie. We made a bunch of quite amateurish uploads on a fun site that shows how this looks. See www.mytripjournal.com/beartrek10

Tom
Thomas H. Gonser answered on February 10, 2010

A
As long as your computer can play back MP4 files (which all modern Macs in the past 5 years usually can) you can use these on a Macintosh computer.
Jesse Kagarise answered on December 25, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Jan 9, 2010 11:30:40 AM PST]

A
[Deleted by the author on Jan 9, 2010 11:29:58 AM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product