Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Are these bulbs save for outdoor use in an enclosed fixture?
asked by JCK on April 10, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
No. The answers above are incorrect. The box clearly says you should use them only in dry locations and only in "open" fixtures. Other bulbs are tested and rated for use outdoors, including the Switch and the Xledia which I reviewed. Both those bulbs and the Feit, which I haven't tried yet, are also rated for enclosed fixtures. The bulbs that are billed for this purpose have special cooling systems that remove the heat from the electronic components to prevent them from overheating,
EJ answered on June 3, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm not 100% sure if they're made for to be out in pouring rain, but I use one in a tiny bathroom that's insanely humid with no problems and also got one on my front porch in a down-firing lamp that's been through some rough weather fine.
D. Valentine answered on April 11, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, I think so, as I've had mine on my front porch (as cold as -15 this winter) and still shining.
C. Allen answered on April 10, 2013

A
Yes, in fact they are safer than other kinds of bulbs
Jophiel answered on April 10, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product