can these plasma cars be used on hardwood floors? Will they scratch the floors?
asked by ginfay on October 18, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 answers
A
Yes they can be used on wood floors but once you bring them outside don't
bring them back in. The sand on the tires will scratch the floors.
Lee A Wiesel answered on October 19, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Both our 4 and 2 year olds love their plasma cars. We have a very long hallway, and wood floors. There is the possibility that they slightly do scratch the wood floors, but we could not say for sure. To reduce any damage inside, we only keep the plasma cars inside the house, so the wheels do not get to beat up...so that does help. Our kids love the plasma cars so much, (and any visitors that come over love them too), that any tiny scratches that could be happening are worth it...as it is minimal as far as we can see. Thanks.
Amazon Customer answered on October 22, 2012

A
Our plasma cars scratched our hardwood floors. Our floors will need to be refinished.
Susanne P. answered on April 17, 2014

A
When I purchased this car for my grandson he used it on our hardwood floor with no problems. He has since used the car outside and now the wheels appear to be able to scratch the floor so it is an outside only car.
Did It Myself answered on October 19, 2012

A
No haven't seen any scratches from plasma car on any part of hardwood floors.
Jessica answered on October 18, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Our grandchildren always have used it outdoors so not sure if it would damage wood floors.
HMP answered on October 18, 2012

A
To answer your question I performed a simple test and slid the wheels of our Plasma Car against a piece of beautiful walnut laminate wood flooring. The damage was not so much what I would call a scratch as it was a "scuff". The floor's finish was clearly damaged and I could not remove the scuff with a damp cloth.

Plasma cars in our neighborhood are clearly OUTDOOR toys as the kids and even some adults ride them down the sidewalk. The wheels have to be made from very hard plastic to survive the abrasion of concrete and asphalt. The hard wheels as well as wheel bearings have low rolling resistance which produce faster speeds and more fun outside.

I personally would never use a Plasma Car inside our home. They won't roll on carpet and they damage wood floors. To be fair, however, they could be used on ceramic or porcelain tile fooring but then again, they move fast and could roll into walls and furniture.
J. Niven answered on October 18, 2012

A
Supposedly you could but I certainly would not give it a try. If you do let me
know as my Grandchildren want to bring it into the house.
David Andeson answered on October 19, 2012

A
The wheels are plastic and may scratch a wood floor
Nana answered on October 19, 2012

A
My daugter has used it for two months, and we didn't see any scratches on wood floors.
wwj answered on October 19, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product