GPS ???? Please know that I know nothing about this but need to know and hoping someone knowledgeable will respond. Do any of these signal where you are to another person? What I am asking for is my brother is a hunter. If he has this or something like it can we log on to the software that comes with it and be able to find him in case there was an accident? Maybe a really dumb question but would love to be able to do this for safety.
asked by S. Patterson on November 23, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 answers
A
No, GPS systems show only the location of the receiver - they don't "track" people or objects. What you're asking about is called a "PLB" or Personal Locator Beacon, such as this ACR Terrafix 406 Gps I Plb +$50 Rebate or McMurdo Fastfind 406 MHz Personal Locator Beacon However, these devices require activation by the user, so they still don't function exactly like you're asking. Now then, "Lojack" does make a product for tracking "at risk" people, such as Alzheimer's patients: http://www.locatorsystemscorp.com/ , but I'm going to assume your brother isn't in that category.
R. Blais answered on December 27, 2008
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product