Now they lower the price after I purchase it

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 19, 2007 4:24:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2007 4:26:15 PM PST
Will says:
I can't stand it when Amazon lowers the price right after I purchase something, I should have just waited since now you get free over-night shipping, too : (

I paid $15 more just because I ordered early.. ahh this really irritates me, Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2007 10:25:00 AM PST
Dna says:
Amazon has a "post sale guarantee". If the price lowers within 30 days of your purchase, Amazon will refund the difference. Just shoot them an email. =)
Here's what they say on the site:
Post-Order Price Guarantee

Amazon.com's prices for released items will change from time to time based on a variety of factors. If Amazon.com's price for an already-released item decreases within 30 days after we ship the item to you, we'll be glad to refund the difference in price if you contact us. Please click one of the buttons on the right, and be sure to have your order number handy so we can assist you.

This Post-Order Price Guarantee is subject to the following restrictions:

* Applies only to products that have already been released. Products that have not yet been released but that are available for pre-order from Amazon.com are not covered by this guarantee, but do benefit from our Pre-Order Price Protection program (see section above).
* Applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.
* Item prices that are affected by a promotion such as "Buy one, get one free" are not eligible.
* The price of an item after rebate is not considered to be the Amazon.com price.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2007 5:41:11 AM PST
M. Godhani says:
They do price adjustments for 30 days after the item has shipped.

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 6:29:54 AM PDT
John says:
It is an algorithm. I have seen this with other websites.
Here is what you do. Look at the item then dont purchase. Close your browser and log in the following day, it will be 10% less. Happens all the time also, be sure to be logged out and clear cookies from your browser so you are a nobody when you search for items, Prime members are quoted a higher price.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2007
Latest post:  Oct 14, 2013

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Apple iPod touch 16 GB (1st Generation)  (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Apple iPod touch 16 GB (1st Generation) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) by Apple
4.2 out of 5 stars   (251)