If they only supported BLUETOOTH, this would be perfect.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 30, 2010 11:11:01 PM PDT
V. Vaka says:
I don't want an ugly usb dongle sticking out of my PS3.

Plus PS3's only have 2 usb ports where as I need four controllers.

And lastly, USB is laggier than bluetooth and uses more power.

Posted on Aug 31, 2010 7:59:16 AM PDT
its not a deal breaker for me. I have a usb hub connected to my ps3 so i have six ports. Also ive had a few usb controllers and none seemed laggy to me. I mean some did have dead zones (Original Shadow) but hopefully this one wont.

Posted on Aug 31, 2010 5:58:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 31, 2010 11:30:24 PM PDT
I tried the Shadow 6 Wireless controller. It had a dead zone, and the sticks' sensitivity was aweful. When you would push the stick in a direction, first you had to deal with the dead zone, then it would shoot off at blazing speed in whatever direction you pressed. These issues are what I will be scrutinizing to see if the Pro Elite is not garbage.

Will you be buying this Ppro Elite controller Caesar? Do you have Modern Warfare 2 by any chance? Use it on Modern Warfare, then try to make some fine adjustments to aiming while using a sniper rifle to see if there is a dead zone issue. Also see if there are any acceleration problems. A good test like that, and the results would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Aug 31, 2010 6:51:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 31, 2010 6:52:34 PM PDT
Hey David,
Yes I will be testing both the Pro Elite Controller and the Nyko Raven. I'm getting them on the 3rd and results should be up around the 4th and 5th respectively. I never bought a shadow 6 but i did have the original shadow and it broke after just a hand full of uses. It would fire randomly at times, and so i lost confidence in the product. I will be testing them with and without the FPS Freak attachments. Hopefully they will be sensitive enough to use the extra range of motion given by the FPS Freaks.
I will be using MW2 for the analogue Stick test and Tekken 6 to test the D pads.

Posted on Aug 31, 2010 11:27:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 31, 2010 11:33:55 PM PDT
Awesome!!! I definitely look forward to reading your results. Sounds like you know exactly what to look for as far as performance goes.

Definitely avoid the Shadow 6. The Shadow 6 feels awesome in the hands no doubt about it. However, the problems I mentioned make it an absolutely worthless controller. Unfortunately I don't have Modern Warfare 1 or 2 for PS3 (I got 'em for 360) but I did try that Shadow 6 on Dark Sector.

Another PS3 controller you definitely want to avoid is the Logitech PS3 controller. I had the displeasure of playing though Bionic Commando with this controller. I tried the Logitech PS3 controller thinking it would be great because I absolutely love the Logitech Cordless Action PS2 controller, but the PS3 controller has one major problem: horrible triggers. These triggers are so bad that you will get a blister on your finger from pressing them. Really really bad triggers that are too hard to push down, and don't feel springy.

Hopefully this PS3 Pro Elite controller is finally the one to mimic the 360 controller without any problems.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Aug 30, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 31, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Pro Elite Wireless Controller for PS3
Pro Elite Wireless Controller for PS3 by POWER A (PlayStation 3)
3.2 out of 5 stars   (587)