Nikon COOLPIX P310 16.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 4.2x Zoom NIKKOR Glass Lens and Full HD 1080p Video (OLD MODEL)
Used & New from: $140.25
what is the thickness of the camera with the lens retracted. in other words, is it pocketable?
UPDATE:
i'd like to thank everyone for the responses.
at this point, despite my cheapskate nature, i think i have settled on this camera: canon powershot s110
http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/ru/catalog/cameras/powershot-g-s-series-digital-cameras/powershot-s110-black

any thoughts?
[UPDATED] asked by generic on July 26, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
Yes, it's pocketable!
hatton answered on July 26, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
2 5/16" tall x 4.0" wide x 1.25" deep
Great camera
Fit in pants pocket - yes
Fit in shirt pocket - yes but it would be heavy and could fall out
HappyHusband answered on July 26, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can find the actual thickness on Nikon's website, but realistically it's absolutely "pocketable". I've put it in the inside pocket of a suit jacket, front or back pocket of jeans, dress pants, etc. It's certainly thicker than a cell phone, so you'll know it's there, but very manageable. I've never had issues taking it somewhere because of it's size. Certainly the best quality in the amount of space it occupies.
MC answered on July 26, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It's 1 1/4" thick at the lens base. The whole camera fits on the palm of a hand, touching no fingers. It's very pocketable, but I don't pocket mine with anything else, such as coins or keys, since the UV coating on the screen can scratch easily. I also still like my classy MegaGear leather case and get comments on its style.
Edgar M. Kyle answered on July 26, 2013

A
The exact thickness of the camera should be included in the technical specifications on the Nikon site (nikonusa.com)...so I don't know what that dimension is for sure ... but I do know that the camera I have is definitely one that you can put comfortability into an inside jacket pocket or even a shirt pocket if you like ... it is pocketable. Hope that helps.
clarence paul answered on July 26, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product