better AWG vs other things...? Ok, I may be totally unwarranted in my fear, but it seems like the Sony SS-B1000 (the cheaper version of this, I'm guessing; they apparantly both have the same manual) wouldn't be able to keep 16 AWG speaker wire inside the clip-on jacks or whatever they're called...I mean, they come with thinner than thin speaker wire and then of course you can't adjust how snug the wire fits 'cause it's just basically a set of teeth that are "supposed" to stay closed - unless their mouth is full (??)...
So unless that fear is totally ignorant, I need to know if this set of speakers is designed differently than the B1000s and if so, will it hold 16 AWG or bigger? People seem to think 12 AWG is the best, but 16 AWG would probably be fine enough for me...?
asked by Jonathan Cardwell on August 6, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
I am using 16 AWG...
Nicholas Georgas answered on February 24, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am also using 16AWG. I have corresponded with others who have mentioned using 14AWG, but I would think that is the maximum. 12 AWG may be too big to fit unless you use them with Banana clips.
Nu Soard Graphite answered on March 27, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can use banana clips with this speaker set then? Cause as I said in my original post, the SSB1000 pair, which has the same manual as this, just has a set of teeth or whatever ("clip-on") that holds the speaker wire in. I've seen what banana clips look like and I can't wrap my mind around how they would work with such a speaker set...
Jonathan Cardwell answered on March 27, 2011

A
No, you can not use bananas with these speakers. you should be able to get 12 gauge if you try real hard I would recommend 16 as it would be easier to get into the clips. I own a set of these speakers. I have used 16 but am currently using 20.
KBIC answered on June 13, 2011

A
14 gauge will fit in the clips and I recommend it. 12 gauge will work with pin connectors.
R. Phillips answered on September 3, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›