What do you think about the direction Call of Duty is going in?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 71 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 2, 2012 12:12:38 AM PDT
Kasaru says:
Futuristic? REALLY? I mean, come on, MW3 was far enough, 2017 to be exact, but now this just looks like Battlefield 2142... in my opinion, BAD. I am pretty sure this will be the last successful COD... and hopefully the last PERIOD...

Posted on May 2, 2012 1:46:45 AM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
Aliens instead of zombies. Hurry up and preorder to get free wallpaper, lol.

Posted on May 2, 2012 1:53:59 AM PDT
Guess CoD is trying to fit in with Gears of War and Halo. I'd prefer this game call something instead of Black Ops. By doing this, CoD essentially kills war happened in the 60s and guns used in that era. Guess there won't be World at War 2 =D! Best Buy will give you dog tag. ^_^

Posted on May 2, 2012 8:59:27 AM PDT
Waldo says:
It amazes me how many people like to buy the same garbage year after year!

Posted on May 2, 2012 10:14:48 AM PDT
J. Campbell says:
It amazes me how people care what other people are buying. If you don't like it don't buy it.

Posted on May 2, 2012 10:24:48 AM PDT
Guido Araya says:
The people that like the same thing every year, might not like this game, but others like me who r tired of the same game but diff maps, might b happy with this 1, its 2 early to tell how the final game its gonna be, lets wait and c how Futuristic it might end up to be.

Posted on May 2, 2012 10:45:33 AM PDT
E. Luna says:
It's a departure from the norm. I, for one, really like this. I'm a little tired of the tried and true gameplay of the previous entries in the series.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 11:02:14 AM PDT
Waldo says:
I own every COD, I just wait til price drops to bargain bin prices is all! I just can't see myself paying full price for something that just seems like it's a DLC!

Posted on May 2, 2012 11:12:46 AM PDT
is it me or black ops 2 looks like star wars and halo all in one i'm not even sure if i want to waste my money on this what do yall guys think.

Posted on May 2, 2012 12:22:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 2, 2012 12:24:36 PM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
J Campbell: Maybe if the kids didn't buy it they'd have to improve it. Where is the detail ?

I played MW2 last night for the first time in a long time had a blast. I know some of you disagree, but visually the game has not been met or improved since MW2, it's regressed. I'm not referring to the single player campaign in MW3 which looked great IW rendered BTW.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 1:19:05 PM PDT
Dhir Shah says:
so using your logic 2 goods make a bad?

As much as I hate black ops i think that this futuristic setting is sending cod into a new direction.

Posted on May 2, 2012 1:49:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 2, 2012 1:49:43 PM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
why call it black ops if it's a futuristic new direction setting I don't get it.

Posted on May 2, 2012 2:02:32 PM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 2, 2012 3:35:33 PM PDT
Raiden says:
I think this year i will go to EA's bet Medal of Honor Warfighter, honestly i really enjoyed the concept of the first Black Ops, but i dont really like the futuristic concept of BO II , maybe if i find it on a bargain i might give it a try, since its a new idea and its good to try new things, but i dont expect an amazing campaign, as all COD's i have played they will focus more on multiplayer.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 6:20:27 AM PDT
B. Ashwod says:
the thing about this entire discussion is about the direction of call of duty...that has nothing to do with what black ops is??? black ops is a unit in the military, therefore, possible existence of black ops was in the 60's and could be in 100 years.

Posted on May 3, 2012 11:23:35 AM PDT
Mario says:
i missed star wars battlefront 2. and this really looks alot like it so i dont mind

Posted on May 3, 2012 11:50:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2012 11:53:02 AM PDT
High Roller says:
Seems like BLOPS 2 is the love child of the first BLOPS and a Tom Clancy novel. It's pretty evident that COD would have to go the future route since they've exhausted the World War, modern warfare and Nam era of warfare. I'm kinda anxious to see how this new style of gameplay pans out. I've heard that things like custom classes and perks would be gone in this game which would be a bummer however, we'll just have to wait and see I guess. So long as they have some cool weapons/killstreaks or whatever, I'll be in for the ride. Being a COD game though, I'm fully expecting some bug filled, lag ridden excuse of a game. Again, we'll wait and see.

And Amazon, how shameful that the only goodie you get from pre-ordering is a friggin wallpaper? Lame. Think you guys can do better than that. My pre-order is with Gamestop.

Posted on May 3, 2012 12:30:54 PM PDT
Let me start off by saying the trailer, IMO, is complete crap. I will probably be skipping it this year. I love MW3 so its not that im a call of duty hater.

However with the preorder wallpaper, its very early in the game. I am sure amazon will add to this preorder bonus as E3 hasn't even come yet. Give it time to see what new additions the game will have this year.

Posted on May 3, 2012 1:42:52 PM PDT
Pat Kelly says:
I wanna throw in my opinon, too. First off, I love Black Ops. It's my favorite CoD- most balanced, less camping than MW, and the killstreaks to me are the most fairly earned and balanced, and none of them seem to be useless or stupid.
Because I love black ops doesn't mean i hate MW. CoD4 is probably my favorite, MW2 was fun for a long time (now overcome with campers, thousands of killstreaks at one time, noobtubes, etc.) and MW3 is still reasonably fun, but there's too many killstreaks and packages and it's too much for a shooter, plus the maps suck.
I watched the black ops 2 trailer hoping it would be like the first, simple, any time period ranging from the first to near-future as mw is, but then i got this. robots? i thought it was a war game, or at least a military spec ops game. why are there robots? now, as a game, it might be fun. but it's not CoD. I want people vs people combat, not people vs robots. does this mean the multiplayer is humans vs robots? look, black ops one was well-developed, story-driven, plot-twisting, simple, developing story. what is the relation between the two besdes for woods?

Posted on May 4, 2012 3:22:02 AM PDT
Koray Savas says:
Call Of Duty isn't going anywhere anytime soon. This game already has 10x the amount of pre-orders than Black Ops, and 3x more than MW3.

It's not going to drastically change, because it keeps getting bigger. Other game franchises don't change as drastically either. COD is now a well-known brand name, and certain aspects are expected when people play. Its main problem is that it's a yearly title. If Activision turned it into every two years, we'd probably see more refined change and the FPS market would be less saturated, but they're too busy making more money than most movies and easily any other game.

Posted on May 4, 2012 11:39:28 AM PDT
Q says:
I'm just happy its different.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 2:00:31 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 4, 2012 2:00:48 PM PDT]

Posted on May 4, 2012 2:51:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 4, 2012 2:52:17 PM PDT
darkitp says:
i am interested in special edition ( prestige or hardened edition )
if theres isnt any , then i will wait and buy a used copy cheaper

Posted on May 4, 2012 3:10:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 4, 2012 3:12:14 PM PDT
ellis says:
I think Black ops was a huge step up from MW2. zombies, wager matches, decent SP, good MP.
MW3 was a step down, bad SP, meh MP, and spec ops? all you had to do was finish round buy perks/turrets/riot team go back to camp spot and rinse and repeat.

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2012 8:40:59 AM PDT
Call of Duty games already get made every 2 years.
Treyarch and Infinity Ward take turns releasing each year.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  56
Total posts:  71
Initial post:  May 2, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - PlayStation 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - PlayStation 3 by Activision Inc. (PlayStation 3)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (1,650)