What do you think about these sellers prices?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 260 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 6, 2012 4:15:50 AM PDT
Radiohead says:
@Mr. Shinn: I fully agree with the restocking fee idea but with a slight modification. I believe to be really effective in solving this problem once and for all, I think Amazon ought to designate certain items with some symbol (such as the symbol we see for 'Prime' products) that basically lets the buyer know that you can only return two items of this type per year without getting charged a restocking fee. The third or any thereafter you return back to Amazon you will get issued a 15% fee. They ought to designate video game consoles and collector's edition of video games etc with this symbol. This ought to help and plus not penalize any customer who really did have a legitimate reason to return their product. Its just an idea to add to make the system work best for everyone. But I agree...the retailers are getting screwed by the practice and its not fair to them.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012 5:08:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 6, 2012 5:11:23 AM PDT
Radiohead says:
Look Jed, I get your point and all your examples but you are definitely not seeing the right "economic" picture here. Let me tell you, I consider myself to be a very good citizen with a very good moral composition and would never financially hurt anyone or be dishonest. Six months ago, I bought here on Amazon.com the Diablo III Collector's edition. It was a hundred dollars. Anyway, I bought it for the sole reason to resell in the fall to make maybe a $20.00-$50.00 profit. I did the same with the Starcraft II Collector's Edition maybe 2 years ago. Both were purchased for the sole reason to resell for a profit. Right now I still have both in my closet because I haven't had the time to list them, but what exactly was wrong with what I did? You do realize that if someone gave me $50.00 over the list price (which they won't I'm sure)...that I fully deserve it right? Here is why:

1) I did nothing illegal or morally wrong in purchasing these items. I used the same system that was available to everyone else who I might have "deprived" from getting this product.

2) I had to pay up front for these items. Currently I am out $200.00 dollars with hopes of making $40-$80 between on both items.

3) I took a risk because maybe no one right now even wants these items or perhaps they haven't appreciated in value.

So what is wrong? You know my original plan was to simply sell this to some college student around the fall time when they might have missed the opportunity to purchase it when it was being sold. Why should I sell it as the same original price of $99.00? I took a risk, I put cash up front, and so I should deserve to be compensated should I not? And yet I did the very thing you say is morally wrong.

Did I deprive some young kid who wanted Diablo III for his birthday when I bought my one copy to resell? Maybe. But so did everyone else who purchased it whether they wanted to resell it or play it.

I'm just saying you can't say people are wrong and lacking moral judgement when they are legally using the system presented to make money.

Let me ask you a question, suppose there is family (two parents, three kids) who are on hard financial times. The Mother has to stay home to care for the kids and the Father works two jobs. The Mom, while the kids are napping, gets on Amazon.com and has the chance to place an order for 4 Wii U's and she does. She knows if they don't sell, she will sent them back and get back her money that she has to put upfront. But it is her hope to turn possibly $100.00 per Wii U's. That is $400.00 extra dollars so her kids can have a nice Xmas with some nice "brand new" toys. She did nothing illegal right? Given that she cannot work, this is also a way to generate income for the family. So right or wrong Jed?

Jed, there is always a story behind everything and everything works itself out. You seem like a kind and good person and good to your kids which is great. I know you don't like it but you must open your eyes to how the things works. And believe it or not, they always work themselves out. Things may change in the future and even right here on Amazon.com but they will only when it is profitable (not morally) right for Amazon.com.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012 5:32:33 AM PDT
Heirren says:
In a legal sense, perhaps, but what about morally? There are people that want to buy the console? If getting a Nintendo makes a kid happy over the holidays, you'd really fiddle with that?

The scenereo reminds me of post apocalyptic films where people hoarde goods. In this case, it's just for a quick buck, and not that much at that. The sad part about it is that most of the Nintendo fans probably pre ordered their consoles shortly after it was announced, and it is in fact the younger kids--who would have been receiving it for Xmas--that will be missing out.

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 5:56:44 AM PDT
Radiohead says:
@Heirren: If they wanted to buy a console why didn't they? Something holding them back from doing so? Everyone had a chance to buy it. No one fiddle with anything.

On a side note, what part of reselling console constitute a quick buck? Its not a quick buck by any means. In the end, as you mentioned, its not even all that profitable. There are fees to pay and you do have to do some amount of shipping, etc. Making a buck maybe, making a quick buck...maybe not.

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 7:13:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 24, 2012 5:25:57 PM PDT
Jed says:
@A. Kapadia, you obviously didn't grasp any thing of what I said. Heirren, thank you, you did get the meaning of the message. A. Kapadia, sir, my entire topic was to clarify that wether or not something is legal, is not justification for doing something dishonest. You said, " I consider myself a good person with very good moral composition." That's right 'you' consider! There apparently are people that disagree, or else this forum, What do you think about these seller's prices?, would not exist. My entire message was this, wether or not something is legal, should not govern our decisions. We should live a higher law. DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE DONE UNTO YOU. We as a society do only what we are told. What do you feel is right? The ability to discern is obviously in you. Because if you originally had purchased Diablo III, in the hopes to sell it to a college student that missed out on the opportunity to buy his/her favorite franchise game. This would be the right decision. You would be led by "good moral composition". But in the end, you opted to take the route a lot of people would, your own selfish desires.

You said that I missed the "economic" picture and then started preaching about what you think is moral. You made no correlation to economics. You missed the "economic" and " moral" picture. My point was this, bad "moral" decisions led to a bad "economic" state. You are so concerned with what is legal and illegal, my example is good for you. Buying/building homes and reselling them at a higher cost isn't illegal. But when the economy was booming in 2007, a lot of people saw nothing but greed and dollar signs. They looked at houses as an investment, instead of a home where families live. The only problem with is there were more "houses" being built, then "families" to occupy them. People's greed started the down-turn of the economy.- That sir, is how you make a correlation between economics and morality. People's greed has been and always will be what destroys entire civilizations. It will be our undoing. Do what you know to be right, not what is told to you is right. Live the higher law.

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 8:13:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 6, 2012 8:14:03 AM PDT
Radiohead says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012 8:29:12 AM PDT
Heirren says:
Let's put things in the simplest terms: what drives these people to buy out pre orders in order to have the ability to charge what they want? The only answer is greed, is it not? IMO that is not a positive trait.

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 9:29:09 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 6, 2012 9:33:14 AM PDT
Jed says:
A. Kapadia, I am no crazy preacher. My analogies are extreme- I agree. I only do this do illustrate a colorful point-of-view. Am I saying that we are in the end of days, no. But, by studying the past, we can make educated guesses(hypothesis) on the future. There have been several cultures that have destroyed themselves because of greed. Wether it be, possession of land, monetary values, or forcing people to believe a certain religious point-of-view, greed has undone a lot of civilizations.

Do you want to hear something ironic, my father is now an electrical engineer of 32 years. He has worked hard to provide his family a comfortable lifestyle. I understand need of sacrifice. Let me address your question about a women selling a Wii U to provide a "better" Christmas. What constitutes a "better" Christmas? Do I think that this women would be better off teaching her kids the law of sacrifice, buying cheaper presents, and teaching her kids the real meaning of Christmas?- ABSOLUTELY! Have you ever heard, "To give is better than to receive."? There is always a choice before us. So to answer your question, if she opted to buy and sell the Wii U for profit, she made the wrong decision. She not only will profit on other people's misfortune, but she will also be teaching her family that physical things are worth the sacrifice of integrity.

I now have four children of my own. I have kind of followed in my Dad's footsteps, by working in an electrical field. I work for a Cooperative as a Lineman. I have worked hard to get where I am at. I am now at a point where I can provide a good life for my children. But as I look back, the days when it was just my wife, my daughter, and myself barely scraping by, were some of the best Christmases I ever had. We could hardly afford dinner, but we knew what was important, each other. We entered this world with nothing and we will leave this world with nothing. Only our relationships and how we treat others are the only things that are important.

I am saying there is always going to be reasons to make hard choices. But what lies in our hearts, is what defines us. Do I agree with murder? Absolutely not! But if someone broke into my house to cause my only daughter harm, would I put a bullet in the intruders head? You bet ya! Does this make me a murder?- I don't think so. Because the intent of my heart is not to kill, it is to protect. Do I think that the Women selling the Wii Us for profit, made the wrong choice? Yes. This is my opinion. I feel it would still be a selfish desire to give her kids what she thinks they have to have. But ultimately, I am not God. Thank goodness, because I do not know the intent of her heart. So I guess, in the end, the answer to your question is answered with a question. What did she feel was the right choice?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012 11:21:32 AM PDT
love2sew says:
eBay won't allow anyone to pre-sell an item with a release date of over 30 days. If you see any items listed, report them to eBay and they will be removed. Read the user agreement

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 2:18:31 PM PDT
Ideally Nintendo will render all of this discussion pointless by flooding the market with Wii U consoles. If they do that, then the resellers will be out of luck. That would be the perfect solution.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012 8:06:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 6, 2012 8:08:29 PM PDT
That is possible. I have read reports that the numbers of pre-orders taken before they "sold out" were far below the 1-2 million units that Nintendo promised. Let's hope Nintendo will surprise everyone with a flooding of product during and right after Black Friday / Cyber Monday shopping time.

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 7:21:23 AM PDT
The numbers I've seen released for pre-orders was 300,000-400,000 so it's not hard to sell out that few pre-orders. Nintendo has told investers they expect to sell ten million plus Wii U consoles before March of 2013. That strongly implies they'll have at least that many available to sell. It's a tad embarrassing (borderline illegal) to tell investors you'll sell ten million plus consoles and then not have ten million plus ready to go. How quickly they release them and how quick retailers are to make them available may affect initial availabililty, but I suspect that if you want one before the holidays you should be able to find one. With Black Friday coming so close to release date I'm afraid many retailers may hold some/most of their stock back to be sure they have some on hand for Black Friday, but I suspect once the craziness of Black Friday is past you should be able to find the consoles in most retailers.

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 1:59:05 PM PDT
ERW says:
No one has a gun to anyone's head forcing them to pay shark prices. It's that simple. Of course Amazon isn't going to take them down. They're going to make a nice commission cut out of each of those sales.

It's a shame this launch is already setting up to be a duplicate of the Wii launch where we're going to be looking at shortages probably until March-April of next year. Ridiculous. And Amazon and Nintendo both need to get over this little feud they're having with each other.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2012 2:07:46 PM PDT
What are you talking about? You can scalp these on Craigslist, no fees, no shipping.

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 4:16:58 PM PDT
W. McKinney says:
Don't buy at these inflated prices. These are different times. You probably won't have to wait weeks to get one. Go to a Gamestop and preorder and get one when it comes out. Don't give money to these bandits.

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 6:35:54 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 26, 2012 7:24:15 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 10:25:30 PM PDT
yeah it makes no sense that idiots are selling stuff they dont have an yet amazon hasnt even put up a pre order for their own stock. Guess Ill just get it at target or gamestop

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 10:29:37 PM PDT
King George says:
How it sounds you stand a good chance to find one on launch day walmart online opens pre orders still twice a day for the bundle, you have to be quick but I got mine pre ordered Saturday called them and told me it will ship the 19th. I live no place near any big stores lol.

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 6:29:06 AM PDT
Walmart was still offering layaway on Wii U Black Deluxe consoles on Sunday. I've got mine on layaway and I can pick it up at midnight on the 17th/18th. Just a month away now! I can't wait!

Some of the resellers are getting a little crazy. I've heard rumors now that some of those reselling for a high price ($700 and up) are now buying some of the lower priced consoles ($500 or less) from other resellers and then immediately turning them around to resell those at higher prices. If that continues then a console someone buys from a reseller may end up taking a scenic route to your home going through three or four resellers along the way.

I'd love to see giant stacks of the consoles in every store on release so the resellers get clobbered. One guy was asking as much as $50,000 for a console. That's just crazy. Nintendo said at the 2011 E3 that they'd have plenty of consoles available at release and have reaffirmed that on multiple occasions (2012 CES, 2012 E3, and pretty much anytime a Nintendo rep faces a microphone) but the resellers are still convinced there will be a shortage and they're stocking up. I'm hoping Nintendo comes through and has plenty of units available so all of the time and energy used by the resellers gathering consoles will have been wasted.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 8:27:47 PM PDT
Ssssshhhiiiiiiiiiiii.. you can build an even better one for a cool grand lol

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 11:03:36 AM PDT
H*LL Yah it's GREED! There was NO WAY the Wii U pre-orders should have sold out in just a few days. Most all of these Pre-order sales are from scalpers trying to make a quick buck off actual game enthusiasts who didn't hear about the pre-orders in time. It's disgraceful, these people should be beat with shovels!

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 2:13:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 20, 2012 2:14:20 PM PDT
Glenn says:
Well the good news is the selling prices on Ebay have dropped through the floor, these people are going to get stuck with a lot of units. I have a feeling there will be a ton of units out at launch at retail because they all have ads for that week with them in it. So half of all stock will go to shelfs at all the B&M retailers. Scalpers are going to get burned this time around. I really hope no one is dumb enough to buy from these parasites.

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 7:51:41 PM PDT
King George says:
I totally agree I've read alot of places of around 7.3 units for launch I believe you will be able to go in about any store the 18-19th and pick one up off the shelfs

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 8:00:51 AM PDT
When Amazon have the wii u i will buy it directly, i dont buy seller with high prices, the expensive one have a cost of 340$ and the cheapest 299$, i will wait, and i have the patient of china guy. Sorry sellers, you must be honest.

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 3:48:41 PM PDT
K. Nguyen says:
Why hate the sellers? Hate the suckers who willing to buy at outrageous prices and/or not willing to wait. They are the sole reason why these sellers exist. In addition, these sellers will not be at a lost because they can always return their pre-purchased Wii U to the retailers. Now if no one buys into these then there will be plenty at the retailers.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  76
Total posts:  260
Initial post:  Sep 15, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Nintendo Wii U Console - 32GB Black Deluxe Set
Nintendo Wii U Console - 32GB Black Deluxe Set by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii U)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (646)