Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

What do you think about these sellers prices?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 260 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2012 9:51:16 PM PDT
GoldenTiger,

There's a small flaw in your argument. Those guys are not laying the $4000 on the table. A preorder costs you maybe $5! You order from the resellers, pay them their $500 instantly while they only paid $5 for making the preorder. Now they have $495 to work with for two months, then $345 of that leaves their hands. That's quite something.

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 12:54:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 23, 2012 12:56:35 PM PDT
K. Nguyen says:
@ Marion,
I totally agree with your point.

Depending on where you do the pre-order. Some places charge you for the full amount (as "pre-purchased") and some charge you a smaller fee of say $5. In either cases, the re-sellers take very little risk as I have mentioned. If they don't sell their pre-purchased unit (they can get a refund) or in the case of pre-orders they will burn very little money. It's marginal risk business that sucks money from stupids who buy thus I don't blame these resellers for doing it. And yes you prove the point of how profitable it can be with little investing capital. The good news is everyone here are pretty much qualify as informed consumers and will not fall for these cutthroat prices (and if you buy one from these sellers after reading this thread then you sir is pretty dum! Just saying :)), unfortunately not everyone is thus there's a market for stupid (look @ iPhone 5 reseller market! Yes I said it!).

Note: Yesterday, I was able to pre-purchased a white Wii U at Fry's Electronics (I paid for the full amount) and will be getting it after work on release date :). It doesn't seem to be a scarcity based on my experience.

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 5:36:39 PM PDT
Jed says:
These waters are obviously full of sharks. I expressed my opinions on resellers being dishonest and this thread is the most down-voted that I have ever been. Obviously there are lots of people that feel that making money off of the sweat of somebody else's brow is all right, while they do nothing.

I feel that there is a fine line between thievery and business. Where do these sellers draw the line?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 7:21:57 AM PDT
Mike says:
You are right. Resellers are garbage just bottom of the barrel people. Trying to cause a shortage so they can make a few bucks off someone elses work is just low. Look on the bright side though, these dishonest people are reducing the price down every day. As of now the lowest one is down to $499. Not much money to be made there. On top of that once it is released and everyone lists there the supply will be so great that they wont make anything at all. I know a lot of people who placed orders from these scalpers and plan to cancel it the day before it would ship.

Amazon has rules against trying to sell preorders as well. So Amazon needs to get on the ball and start banning all of these people from selling on here. To answer your question, these sellers have no line. They think it is fun to buy up a bunch of kid toys so that they can potentially ruin a childs Christmas morning all because they are greedy and too lazy to get a real job.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 5:29:38 PM PDT
Jed says:
I agree completely. Couldn't have said it better.

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 7:14:11 AM PDT
And Nintendo has now backtracked on their earlier statements that there would be plenty of Wii U's available. They had been forecasting sales of over 10.5 million consoles and they're now downgrading that to 5.5 million consoles by March 2013. The issue isn't one of demand, but rather supply. Apparently the manufacturing isn't keeping pace wth their earlier projections and they're now anticipating a shortage of consoles for the holiday season.

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 7:21:12 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 31, 2012 6:26:17 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 4:30:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2012 4:33:56 PM PDT
Jed says:
There is a guy who has listed a Deluxe version for $1,000,000!- He must be using the shell of his Wii U to smuggle blood diamonds into the USA.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 2:51:29 PM PDT
Target has presell Wii u cards. $5 gets one reserved. They have the black and white consoles. Most people don't check Target so there's a decent chance yours might have one.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 4:25:23 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 27, 2012 8:28:49 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 7:26:18 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 31, 2012 5:32:20 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 9:50:51 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 4:30:46 AM PDT
I love that all the new sellers say "Just launched"

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 6:53:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 31, 2012 4:00:49 PM PDT
Jed says:
Nintendo has the price set lower, so by all means YOU deserve their lost money. (Are you freaking kidding me?!) You talk about supply and demand, but that is not the issue. The only thing that drives these resellers is greed. The difference between resellers and sellers is this. Sellers are trying to run a legit company and everything that entails. This includes personnel wages, heating, cooling, electricity, shipping, taxes, store costs. Plus they are selling it at Nintendo's suggested retail. The resellers are making double profit for doing jack crap. Supply and demand is created by people with no patience ( they think that they will perish if they don't wait) it is also created by dishonest resellers, like a school of piranhas in a kiddie pool. It is a parasite and host relationship. It isn't right.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 9:56:13 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 9:59:20 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 31, 2012 10:01:32 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 3:44:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 31, 2012 3:45:20 PM PDT
Jed says:
In the words of the old farmer off of Napoleon Dynamite, "Boy, I don't understand a word you just said."

In the words of Marshal Mathers, "Nothing comes out when you move your lips, just a buncha gibberish."

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 3:57:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 11:24:38 PM PDT
Jed says:
Oh yea, to answer your questions. Are the resellers of this Wii U always greedy? - You bet ya. Is supply and demand (in this case) created by two groups? Absolutely! It might be different if it is actually an item that can't be lived without, but I think that all of us could live without a Wii U. Even if the product is short in supply, if impatient buyers would wait until the Wii U was sitting on shelves again, this high supply and demand would not exist. If the product was food, shelter, heating supplies, or gasoline, the example might different. But the long and short of it is this: people are impatient and the resellers here are driven completely by greed and looking to take advantage of these people. You can say whatever you want, but it is true. You really cannot say that these sellers are selling at double cost, because they need the money. If this is the case, than what if Nintendo wouldn't have released their new console this year? Than the sellers here wouldn't have anything to sell. THEY ARE DRIVEN BY GREED. 'Nuff said.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 4:57:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 31, 2012 5:00:49 PM PDT

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 5:08:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 31, 2012 5:09:10 PM PDT

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 5:26:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 31, 2012 7:25:23 PM PDT
Jed says:
I do love me some good Napoleon Dynamite.

I do agree that if these Wii Us are being sold for charity, than that could be considered a good cause. If this is the case, than it wouldn't be much different than Girl Scouts selling cookies for a much higher price than they're actually worth, for a good cause. But let's be honest with each other, how many of these sellers do you think are really doing this? Let me retract my previous statement, "All of the sellers here are greedy." And replace it with this one, "Most of the sellers here are greedy." I'm only doing this because of the slim chance that a brother is trying to raise money for his little brother's heart transplant or if a husband is trying to raise a cancer fund for his wife. But let's get real with each other- this is highly improbable. I do agree with one thing, what drives these sellers does lie in their hearts. Is it greed? I don't know for sure. I am not the BIG judge. But, is it likely that it is greed? I'm guessing that is a big YES.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 4:29:15 PM PDT
I appreciate your thoughts Jed! This has been a positive discussion in my eyes. I hope you have a warm holiday season with those that are closest to you! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 4:39:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 4:40:09 PM PDT
Jed says:
I agree. Thanks for the different point-of-view. It keeps me thinking. I am on-call during the holidays, so most likely I'll be working. I hope that you have a wonderful holiday season.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 3:56:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 5:28:28 PM PDT
Jed says:
It looks like it is getting worse. Every time Walmart.com, or some other online site releases Wii Us for preorders, there are more and more sellers looking to make a quick buck. We are now up to 150 Deluxe versions for sale and 63 Basic versions for sale on Amazon. That is 213 Wii Us that have been taken out of the hands of people that actually want to buy it for enjoyment. That doesn't even include eBay or Craig's List. Thank You to all the dishonest sellers for sticking it to us desperate buyers.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 6:28:20 PM PDT
With Nintendo now saying there'll be a shortage things will get a lot worse too. Assuming Walmart comes through with my lay-away, I won't have to worry about it, but I do feel sorry for those who want to own a system and who either have to pay the resellers or get very lucky and find one in a store.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  76
Total posts:  260
Initial post:  Sep 15, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about