Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL
Customer Discussions > Nintendo 3DS XL - Blue/Black forum

I think its available from Amazon (finally)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 21, 2012 5:34:07 PM PDT
Radiohead says:
It seems to be the Blue/Black version, but as of 8:33PM EST on 8/21/2012..its available (2-3 weeks to arrive)..but at least you can use your gift cards and credit if you have them...

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 5:52:26 PM PDT
Corey says:
I wonder if this is a mistake.

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 7:33:37 PM PDT
M. Sutton says:
I wouldn't think it's a mistake. Supposedly they were having trouble getting their shipment of the systems, but now they have them coming in, so a delay makes sense. In reality, I think that after their issues selling off their stock of the original 3DS last year, they were waiting to see how popular the new model was by watching third party sales and those through other retailers. Since the reviews are high and they seem to be selling strong, maybe Amazon decided over the last few days to give it another shot and sell the system. That's just a theory, but I find it hard to believe that Amazon, of all retailers, would have difficulty getting their stock by the launch date.

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 3:24:34 PM PDT
Corey says:
Out of stock again.

Posted on Aug 25, 2012 8:59:58 PM PDT
I ordered one, looks like they are sticking to 3 weeks. Estimated arrival date is September 12th at the earliest.

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 6:46:58 PM PDT
J. Farley says:
Canceled mine today and reordered. Payed $18 extra dollars but its shipping soon.

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 6:04:46 AM PDT
Chevyman says:
What I don't understand is why Amazon hasn't carried not only the 3DS but the DS line of handhelds as well as the Wii console for the last 1 to 1 1/2 years. I've heard the whole shipping issue reason with the 3DS but that doesn't explain why they're not selling the Wii. I personally think the whole shipping problem excuse is bull b/c all of the international Amazon sites have been continuously selling the Nintendo handhelds and console.

I've been wondering if Nintendo of America has been the problem. The last couple of years NOA has been acting stupid with not bringing games like Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story here until the fans begged and pleaded with them to. Then when they finally brought Xenoblade here they made it where you could only get the game through their site or through Gamestop. I really hope Amazon doesn't have this problem with the Wii U when it comes out in a couple months.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2012 1:01:41 PM PDT
Corey says:
Until Amazon or Nintendo make an official statement, we'll be in the dark and frustrated. We can speculate endlessly, but only Amazon and Nintendo know the real reason, neither seem to care about what the public thinks of them over the dispute.

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 8:56:03 AM PDT
B. Scott says:
what is going on with this? Why won't Amazon sell it?

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 4:48:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 16, 2012 4:49:33 AM PDT
strange they still don't sell it, and now they won't be stocking Wii U either. Clearly something happened between the two and they don't wish to resolve it. Its more Nintendo's loss really, not being on Amazon is a pretty large gap in online sales.

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 1:42:36 PM PDT
V. Cortes says:
Back in stock right now. Only 1 unit left! the Black/Blue
What gives Amazon? Are you testing the waters?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2013 5:50:43 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 24, 2013 5:55:32 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Aug 21, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Nintendo 3DS XL - Blue/Black
Nintendo 3DS XL - Blue/Black by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
4.7 out of 5 stars (2,086)