Customer Discussions > Modnation Racers forum

do u guys think modnation will reach game of year status?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 27, 2010 3:27:07 PM PDT
gLaDiAtOr says:
im so far behind on other games that i havent opened that i dont mind waiting. Id hate to buy this version, only to have a new one come out with all the extras. all the top selling games have me paranoid of this. i also havent bought god of war 3 for that very reason.

im pretty sure god of war 3 will be a goty but im unsure of modnation, but it might piggyback off LBP's success.

what do u guys think are the chances it reaches goty status?

Posted on May 27, 2010 7:43:51 PM PDT
mD says:
No. Red Dead Redemption, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Mass Effect 2, and God of War III are probably the front runners right now.

ModNation Racers will probably be my favorite game of this generation though. Also, based off the Metacritic rating, the game is mad under rated. With fixed load times, this definitely a 90+ caliber game, hands down. Still, an 82 is great and this shouldn't be overshadowed. Mario Kart Wii is an 82 on metacritic and that has sold 22 million anyways...

Posted on May 28, 2010 9:42:25 AM PDT
Tenshin says:
I think you r talking about the "Game of the Year" (GotY) edition game, like the Call of Duty 4 GotY, Oblivion GotY, Batman Arkaham Asylum GotY, Little Big Planet GotY, etc.
I think it will probably have a GotY edition in a year or so, if not at least a Greatest Hits version with more extra content included, you can wait a year for that, or just join the fun right now, its up to you.

And for the awards giving to the games at the end of the year, I think as of today, Mario Galaxy 2 its the stronger contestant for game of the year.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2010 11:13:18 AM PDT
Sars says:
i dont know about mass effect 2 with all the great rpgs out this year
and i dont see god of war 3 being up there either

you could add final fantasy 13 and splinter cell conviction. those are just my opinions. but who knows only time will tell
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Modnation Racers forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  May 27, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 1, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Modnation Racers
Modnation Racers by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (196)