Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Do you think this will be a good camera? I have never had anything but regular point and shoot digital cameras, and decided to upgrade. I researched a lot and decided to preorder this camera based on what I'm getting for the price. I have been patiently waiting for it to be released and shipped! I am more of a beginner when it comes to photography and won't be doing any professional shoots or anything like that. I just want good zoom and high quality pictures that aren't grainy. Do you think this is the camera for me?
asked by Kate on February 25, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 26 answers
A
One attraction is that it uses readily replaceable AA batteries. One drawback is that one can't add filters. Supposed to arrive mid to late March. But will it?
Phillip I. Good answered on February 25, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, I think it will be a, "good camera". I have owned an S5200 for three years and have put it through hell-and-back! It has taken a real licken and keeps on clicken... For $279.95 I think it is time to upgrade to another good Fuji. I am not a professional, but Fuji's make me appear as one though, and, they are simple and rugged. So, here I sit, waiting for my new S4000 to capture a most welcome Spring after a truly miserable Winter..... Please do post here to let us all know how it works for you; I will do the same.Fujifilm FinePix S4000 14 MP Digital Camera with Fujinon 30x Super Wide Angle Optical Zoom Lens and 3-Inch LCD
Richard Hill answered on February 27, 2011

A
If you are interested in the camera , it is being sold www.hsn.com plus it is cheaper and comes with software and is available today
SHERRI A. ILIOFF answered on March 4, 2011

A
Alas, when one adds the shipping fees plus the state tax, amazon charges less.
Phillip I. Good answered on March 5, 2011

A
A good question; I've also wondered how the S4050 differs from the S4000. The fujifilm.com website does not mention an S 4000A and provides a single description for the S4000/S4050. In any event, I went with amazon (I'd been considering the HS10 wanting Fuji Finepix compatability) as I was able to avoid shipping charges that way on a bag and flash memory.
Phillip I. Good answered on March 5, 2011

A
I purchased this camera from HSN a few hours ago: the price was $259.95 + 9.95 S&H. However, it is now listed on their website as Sold Out and they are not taking orders. I read the descriptions
of the S4000/ S4000A and they seem they same, the only difference is the release date. Kate, Fuji cameras have an excellent reputation and this one can be used like a basic point/shoot or with manual settings, depending on your skills. So it seems it would be a good camera for a novice who is willing to put a little time into learning how to get the best results. What really sold me was that incredible OPTICAL zoom of 24-720!
S. H. Roth answered on March 5, 2011

A
I received this camera two weeks ago with high expectations, I had expected an SLR type response. What they don't tell you is there is a minimum 2 second delay between taking the picture and seeing the results....by then the subject has left the viewing field. At times I waited up to 4 seconds before I could take another shot. It's fine if you just want to sit at home and take portraits all day long. Tried the action setting and had to shoot way in front of the subject, and hope it would be captured. 90% of action shots were out of focus, or subject had already passed out of range. I love my Fuji point and shoot, this was no upgrade.
LuvTheRing answered on April 11, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
One difference I found between the S4000A and the S4000. The display on the S4000 is 460K while on the S4000A it's only 230K.
Blake Long answered on April 29, 2011

A
Sherri, Thanks for the information! I think I'll look into it! I really do not want to wait to the end of March for my Amazon order; don't get me wrong, I truly like and respect good-ole Amazon.....
Richard Hill answered on March 5, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Phillip, You are correct, however, hsn.com provides considerable software my children will like. I do have an issue though, perhaps you can help: hsn calls their camera an "S 4000A, is this the same as an S 4000 Amazon offers? I'm hoping it is though. Thanks for the tip....
Richard Hill answered on March 5, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product