Published on March 13, 2012 by Eva's Mum

Nutritional Facts:
50g size, 200 calories, 7 g fat (3g saturated), 120mg sodium, 23g Total carbs: 1g fiber, 0g sugar (10g sugar ALCOHOL), 8g "other" carbs, 15g protein. 8% calcium, 8% iron.
Ingredients:
Published 19 months ago by Layna S

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Godiva but it totally satifies my sweet tooth without feeling guilty!, March 13, 2012
This review is from: thinkThin Chocolate Covered Strawberries, Gluten Free, 1.76-Ounce Bar (Pack of 10) (Grocery)
As far as nutrition bars go, most are loaded with fat and sugar. These bars are excellent because they have zero sugar, zero gluten, lower in fat and are packed with protein. I tried just about every flavor but the chocolate covered strawberries is my fave. It's lower in fat than the rest and has a really good taste. I've read people complain about the taste, but remember..this is a zero sugar product. Most bars of the like taste awful but this one is more than tolerable. In fact, I prefer these over the Zone and Atkins and those are more like candy bars in my opinion. This one tastes more like a dark chocolate covered strawberry cookie. Absolutely delish! If you just want to sample, they carry them individually at Whole Foods but they cost $2 per bar. Amazon has the best deal for the box of 10. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Creamy Chocolate Strawberry YUM no blood sugar spike !, April 20, 2012
c "c" (Mashpee, Ma United States) - See all my reviews
I love this bar with a cup of coffee. They have a
really good strawberry and chocolate taste. Not many
strawberry bars out there. It hits the mark as an
afternoon snack and NO BLOOD SUGAR SPIKE !! Plenty of
protein for a bar. I give it 2 thumbs up.

1.0 out of 5 stars ThinkThin High proten Chocolate Strawberry bars - Artifical junk, May 28, 2013
Nutritional Facts:
Ingredients:
Protein blend (why protein isolate, soy protein isolate, calcium caseinate), gycerin, coating (maltitol, palm kernel oil, alkalized cocoa, whey, soy lecithin, natural flavor), maltitol, soy crisps (soy protein isolate, rice flour, salt), peanuts, canola oil, water, natural flavors, soy lecithin, almonds, chicory fiber, citric acid.

I & family member enjoy energy bars for decades, but have moved to natural/organic in all our food over the years, including energy bars.
Texture/Taste:
Chocolate was waxy & tasteless, dry, very artificial taste, sweetness was too much or too little on every bite as if it wasn't mixed well enough. The aftertaste was much worse & it was difficult to swallow it. The smell on the breath reminded me of a car air freshener.
Never realized how horrible tasting this processed crap was until I haven't had it for a while. Sugar alcohols are also very hard for the body to digest.

1.0 out of 5 stars Taste-wise, it's pretty awful, June 6, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For some reason, amazon sent me one measly bar to evaluate this product's quality, in the process covering the bar's content on the packaging with a label. So you will have to refer to other reviews for clarification on the bar's nutritional value. In this case, I wasn't disappointed but rather happy that I didn't have 14 more pieces of this product on my hands, because I would have had to throw everything out after taking just one bite of this bar. I am sorry, but it's practically uneatable. The center is sort of peanut-butter like, but bitter. And it's covered with something chocolate-like substance that also tastes bitter, not even a hint of strawberries. Needless to say, I do not recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum!, August 16, 2011
I love these. I was put on a high protein, low carb diet, and when I have no way to drink my usual protein shake meal, I eat one of these. They're way more calories and have way more carbs than I should have on my diet, but in a pinch, they work great, and taste awesome. They seriously taste like a candy bar to me, so I'm amazed at all the people saying they taste bad. Maybe my strict diet has altered my taste buds somehow, but I would go for these if you're looking for a protein bar. They are the healthiest ones I've been able to find, although whether they're sugar free is debatable, as sugar alcohols may function the same way as sugar in some people's bodies. Still, more protein, and less sugar-like substance than any other bar. I would like it if they got rid of the sugar alcohols and added more stevia, but that's just me dreaming.

1.0 out of 5 stars The wrapping might taste better, May 28, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These bars presently sell in a box of 15, $1.94 per bar. I received one 1.76oz bar to evaluate and I'm grateful for that. I would have felt guilty tossing a whole box.

When I plucked the bar from an 80 degree mailbox the "chocolate" was still firm and perky. There is something vaguely troubling and mysterious about chocolate that refuses to melt.

The interior has the tantalizing and piquant hint of cough syrup and the texture of play-dough. I'll swear I can still feel it stuck in my esophagus a day later.

In my opinion you're better off to just THINK thin and skip the bar.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good, not bad., February 24, 2011
This was the second Think Thin bar I tried. (The first being Brownie Crunch). I love chocolate and strawberries as a flavor combination but this one missed the mark. The chewy slightly crunchy texture is satisfying and the chocolate coating has a nice flavor. The strawberry is strong and synthetic tasting. It's a bit similar flavor wise to strawberry diet/protein drinks. It reminds me a bit of Carnation Instant Breakfast and Slim Fast. The first few bites are good but half way through the strawberry gets overwhelming.
I would recommend these only to people that absolutely love strawberry flavoring (they taste nothing like a real strawberry).

I wouldn't buy these again but I don't mind finishing the ones I have. It's a nice break from the chocolate on chocolate and chocolate peanut butter flavors of meal bars.

Nutrition wise these have 30 fewer calories than the other ThinkThin bars I bought (Brownie Crunch). 200 calories is normal for a meal bar and these do keep me going for a few hours. I wish they had fewer carbs though. They are 0 sugar but not close to 0 carb. They have 21 grams, only 1 from fiber and 10 from sugar alcohols. ThinkThin uses maltitol which I have found can cause a spike in blood sugar (and for some can cause digestive issues) with so many sugar substitute choices it'd be nice if this brand used something else. I'm guessing (since it's so popular) that maltitol is one of the cheaper ingredients to use.
These could be a bit 'healthier' given they are called 'ThinkThin' and even say on the wrapper that they are great for people with diabetes.
Overall I do enjoy this brand and will probably try a few different flavors to mix up my meal bar stash.

1.0 out of 5 stars Where's the strawberries? (or strawberry flavoring, at least?), July 26, 2014
KenubeKat (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
I'm happy these are gluten free or I couldn't eat them at all. I'm happy they have 20g of protein. I'm NOT happy about the way they taste, and let's face it, good taste is at least 85%-95% of what we all want in anything we eat. I should have looked at the ingredients list more carefully before I bought them -- strawberries are not even mentioned. There's a reference to "natural flavors" way down the list and I can smell something like strawberry. I prefer dark chocolate to milk chocolate, but the so-called chocolate on these bars is awful. (The milk chocolate covering on their Chunky Peanut Butter bars is slightly better.) Ask yourself: if this reviewer prefers dark chocolate, but thinks the milk chocolate on the thinkThin peanut butter bar is better, how bad is the dark chocolate on these "strawberry" bar? ugh. There's a predominant flavor in both the strawberry & peanut butter bars that is the same, and neither of the bars is what I'd call tasty. I'll eat them until I've eaten them all - I cannot afford to waste them. But I won't buy the thinkThin brand again. I'm going back to Quest and Premier Protein bars. They're gluten free and have 20g of protein. They're more expensive! but they taste great!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Stale, August 24, 2014
I was excited to try this flavor, but had to throw the whole box away. The bars were all white, crumbled, and stale. The box said it expired in 2015, so not sure what the problem is, but I won't buy these from here again, only places where they are fresh. ThinkThin bars are otherwise very tasty, but these arrived broken, all white on the outside, and looked inedible.

2.0 out of 5 stars Do you like strawberry bubble gum, September 7, 2014
Do you like strawberry bubble gum? If the answer is yes then you perhaps you will actually like these. If not, try another flavor. I recommend chocolate fudge flavor, they are very tasty, but the chocolate strawberry are really unpleasant tasting. Still if you are looking for a low GI or gluten free snack, Think Thins do the job, but I suggest a different flavor.