4.0 out of 5 stars Highly addictive, but sugar alcohol side effects
This is one of the best tasting protein bars in existence, I kid you not.

The interior is fluffy, practically like the inside of one of those peanut butter easter eggs. The chocolate coating is just ok, and tends to melt in anything other than cool temperatures.

Published on February 22, 2007 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars I normally love these but...WHAT did Amazon do to them???
Published on October 21, 2010 by A. Bennett

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly addictive, but sugar alcohol side effects, February 22, 2007
This review is from: thinkThin Creamy Peanut Butter, Gluten Free, 2.1-Ounce Bars (Pack of 10) (Grocery)
This is one of the best tasting protein bars in existence, I kid you not.

The downer is that the main sweetener is malitol, which causes seriously stinky gas if you are sensitive to it. It IS a natural sweetener, but that doesn't mean it's all good....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bar!, January 15, 2007
kidnugget (Bakersfield, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Though it's now out of vogue, I'm still a fan of a healthy version of the low carb Atkins style diet. This is the perfect meal bar for that diet (probably great for South Beach, too). It is delicious, the peanut butter is creamy, and the chocolate on the outside is superb. I've used the Atkins bars for years, and they taste of chemicals and artificial sweetners. These Think Think bars, though, are practically candy bars. They have low net carbs (2 for this version, I think). Even when I'm not dieting, I still love this bar. It isn't a large, filling bar, and I can't really eat one to replace a meal, but if you're looking for a snack to cut between meals, or just a desert to eat with a nice cup of coffee at night, this is the bar for you.

This price on Amazon can't be beat, either. I pay about $1.7 per bar at Trader Joes, 2.20 a bar at the local megamart (when they have them in stock), and only about a buck fifty here on Amazon. Great deal. I was kind of sketchy ordering food online (though I order everything eles online), but Amazon grocery proved me wrong. Give 'em a try.

2.0 out of 5 stars I normally love these but...WHAT did Amazon do to them???, October 21, 2010
I often buy these singly from my grocery store, and I really love them as a meal replacement, so I was excited to see that I could order them for such a good price per bar on Amazon. After I opened the first one, however, I wasn't quite so happy. The chocolate coating was white and waxy looking, and the bar itself tasted dried out (definately not fresh-tasting). They are within the sell-by date, so something must have happened to them in storage. I had 2 day shipping and the days during that time were very cool -- not warm enough to melt anything. :( I would have ordered these on a regular basis if they had been like the ones in the grocery store. I guess you get what you pay for!

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, Horrible Quality, August 28, 2010
I love Think Thin bars and have ordered them many times before. The ones I bought from Amazon were HORRIBLE! The chocolate was literally a grey color - as if they are expired or old. I thought the price was too good to be true and it definitely was.

5.0 out of 5 stars bad shipment, July 28, 2012
I love these bars and eat them every morning before the gym. I ordered them on the internet to try and save some money and I either got 2 packages of old bars or they were melted previously and then got hard again. The chocolate on the outside of the bar did not taste the same nor did the peanut butter on the inside. I am still giving it 5 stars because the normal taste of these bars is excellent but I am extremely disappointed by the 2 boxes I received by mail. I learned my lesson and will continue to buy them at Wegmans where I have found they are actually the same price but they are always fresh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these BUT......, November 15, 2010
I absolutely love these bars BUT...the last few shipments from Amazon had very poor quality bars. The first couple boxes I ordered were fresh and the chocolate coating was delicious. The last couple shipments tasted awful!!! I think there may be some sort of storage or shipping problem.(Amazon did attempt to fix the problem by sending out a new box at no charge but the second box was the same as the first!) But when delivered fresh, they are yummy!! Creamy and chocolaty...very very tasty!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly, Amazon is not the place to buy this bar, January 2, 2011
2Irish4u (Beautiful NV) - See all my reviews
I went against the poor reviews when I ordered this product for two reasons: 1)These bars have always been good when I purchased them from local grocery stores and 2)I believed Amazon would have gotten any issues resolved since the time the poor reviews were written. While I don't know what the reason for the problem is, I can indeed report on my own observation. On all of the bars, the chocolate coating looks like it disolved away, leaving behind a grainy and off putting exterior. The taste of the peanut butter bar is nothing like the bars I've purchased elsewhere...these tasted medicinal, stale, and just plain bad. Other Think Thin Bars I've purchased from Amazon are perfect but this one missed the mark by a galaxy.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the best tasting protein bar!, September 8, 2010
I could not believe it when i tasted a think thin bar for the first time. These are delicious, high in protein and NO sugar! They taste fantastic, although I have read a few reviews that say the amazon ones came grey and taste gross. SO if you have never tried these, maybe you should buy ONE first. (they have them at Fred Meyer). And if you do order them off amazon, they should not be grey. It should look like chocolate!

2.0 out of 5 stars A life-changing product., June 3, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Normally I'm mad when Amazon only sends me one sample to try instead of a pack/box/whatever, as they usually say they'll only be sending one individual sample. After taking one bite from the thinkThin Creamy Peanut Butter bar, I think they were doing me a favor. This thing is hands down the worst protein bar I've ever had in my life. The only good thing I can say about it is that you get 20g of protein with one bar. That being said, there are MUCH better options out there.

Describing the taste isn't going to do this bar justice, because it's ten times worse than what I say. Imagine a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup that's been left out of its packaging for a long time in a dry room. All the moisture has been sucked out of the poor peanut butter cup, and now you're left with a chalky "treat". Take a bit of it, and cringe at the texture that touches your tongue. You don't want to keep chewing, but you endure the suffering and keep going. First bite gone, 4 more to go. Before you even take the second bite, the taste of a corn tortilla suddenly hits your mouth. Where the heck did that come from? Why does something that's chocolate and peanut butter taste like this? Is this legal? Is this how 'healthy alternatives' are supposed to taste?

When you're finally done with the bar, you'll wonder what's happened to your life. Why didn't you join the school soccer team when you had the chance? Why didn't you ask out that really cute girl who was always so nice to you? Why didn't you speak up and tell your parents that you hated the nickname they gave you? Are you really happy with your current relationship? How come you just now realized that there's a difference between attachment and love? Imagine what you could've done with your life all these years instead of just enduring things and wanting to make a change. Imagine what you could've done with that extra minute of time if you hadn't just endured this protein bar from thinkThin and just stopped while you had the time. You know it doesn't taste good, so why continue?

Don't buy these.

2.0 out of 5 stars Usually these bars are great..., October 3, 2010
Usually these bars are great... But this box was horrible. It seems that they might have melted and re hardened. The chocolate was a light brown color and flaky. The expiration date is still about 10 months out, but these were very dry. I would be hesitant to buy from this vendor again.