Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Garner's Modern American Usage forum

I'm thinking of buying GMAU 3, but I hate to think GMAU4 will be out soon. It'd feel like I wasted my money on GMAU3.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 13, 2011 9:20:34 PM PDT
Coconut says:
I'm thinking of buying GMAU 3, but I hate to think GMAU4 will be out soon. It'd feel like I wasted my money on GMAU3.
What are your thoughts?

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 11:40:23 AM PDT
Megarat says:
Well, it's been over two years since you posted this, and GMAU4 has yet to see the light of day, and I can't find any references to it online. So I suspect there will be at least another year until the next edition is available.

Given that you can currently buy this edition for about US$25, and if you only have it for a year before getting the next edition, that cost gets amortized to about US$2/month, which seems like a bargain to me, given how great this book is.

Just do it, I say!

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 1:10:06 PM PDT
Coconut says:
Megarat, I bought it for $22 in 2011, and I'm a happy customer!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  May 13, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Garner's Modern American Usage
Garner's Modern American Usage by Bryan A. Garner (Hardcover - October 30, 2003)
5.0 out of 5 stars (33)