I'm thinking the whole $20 pre-order credit on every game thing is gone...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 1, 2011 9:17:01 PM PDT
mattjc1983 says:
It seemed like a couple years ago it was an automatic, but now it seems to either not come at all, or it will be up and taken down within a couple of days. Disappointing, it really set Amazon apart as THE place to buy video games....

Posted on Sep 1, 2011 9:58:16 PM PDT
Now they hold game content for DLC and give you a $20 credit then turn around and charge you $30 for a season pass... Soon you will be playing games by the level... Congrats you reached level 2. To continue please insert 1600 msp.

Posted on Sep 1, 2011 10:30:21 PM PDT
Unknown says:
It's September, wait till we get closer to November.

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 1:46:34 PM PDT
They typically wait until closer to release date to offer the $20 promo - Think Gears of War 3... $20 promo right now, and releasing in around 3 weeks.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2011 1:57:40 PM PDT
Prismatico says:
The Gears credit has been there for months, though. I remember seeing it in like, May.

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 4:13:55 PM PDT
I placed my pre-order for Gears 3 on Feb. 10th 2011 and it was offering the current $20 promo, and had been offering it for a month already at that time. I wouldn't hold your breathe on getting a $20 promo for this game. I think the best we will get is the silly $10 toward the headset.

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 7:35:47 PM PDT
David H. says:
It does seem like Amazon is giving away less $20 credits than they used to. A lot of big name games are coming out soon and as of now they have either a $10 credit or no credit at all games like: Batman Arkham City - $10 credit, MW3 - $10 off a headset, Assassin's Creed: Revelations - no credit, Battlefield 3 - no credit, Elder Scrolls V Skyrim - no credit (price is only $54.54), Saint's Row the Third - no credit. GOW3 is the only big release for this year that I know of to have the $20 credit.

It would be great to see more $20 credits but even if Amazon stopped offering them altogether it is still the best place to buy video games. No taxes + $0.99 release date delivery are both excellent things Amazon has still going and as long as they keep those things going I'll still buy my video games here.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2011 8:08:13 PM PDT
Mr. Hyde says:
Agree completely David.

It's not tax free for everyone exactly but still..beats wasting the gas and/or giving your money to that rip-off of a game store known as Gamestop...

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 10:48:40 PM PDT
Andy says:
I live in Kansas and we are 1 of 5 states that require tax on online transactions. But this does beat Gamestop, and other stores(especially Walmart) by a mile. But I have Prime so free delivery on release day.

Posted on Sep 3, 2011 12:16:48 AM PDT
Dom says:
^thats beat... i prob wouldnt use amazon if that were the case. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2011 2:05:26 AM PDT
Victor Tang says:
True but you do have to take into account that the $20 dollar promotion for Gears of War 3 started roughly 4 if not 5 months ago if I am not mistaken.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2011 7:58:39 AM PDT
Andy says:
I wouldn't but usually Amazon has some pretty good pre orders. Or if the game is out already then its usually cheaper than any store I could drive to. And I don't go to Gamestop because they are annoying. No I DON'T WANT TO PUT A PREORDER ON VIVA PINATA!!!

Posted on Sep 3, 2011 10:39:30 AM PDT
I take it as an insult when they offer you money off a headset. Who wants that? Give me some kind of credit. I thought companies were supposed to get better w/promos not worse. I see Amazon is taking a page out of drug-dealers handbooks. They get you hooked w/the good stuff then they cut it and give you garbage after a while.

Posted on Sep 3, 2011 10:40:41 AM PDT
Even if they don't have gaming credit, with release date delivery and no tax Amazon will always have my business. It means I don't have to leave my house to get a game on day one, and don't have to pay taxes to my state when we are already taxed to death.

Posted on Sep 4, 2011 12:36:51 PM PDT
NCAA Football 12 got a $10 credit added on the weekend before release. I'm guessing that they'll wait to see if one of the other retailers puts out a deal. I may just cancel mine and do the Best Buy 5 for $100 preorder if Amazon doesn't add the credit within the last 2 weeks.

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 12:26:05 AM PDT
kostas0683 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 2:15:11 AM PDT
Forget amazon and gamestop, kmart and walmart are the ones giving $20 promos now. As long as they do they'll have my buisness and not amazon. Its a shame because I like amazon better.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2011 8:06:14 PM PDT
Unknown says:
I just checked K-Mart and Wal-Mart and neither have a $20 promo. What are you talking about.

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 8:27:31 PM PDT
WildOat says:
When the preorders slow down the 20$ credit will catch up. Until then we can kiss it good-bye.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2011 1:10:59 AM PDT
I don't think preorders has anything to do with it. Gears 3 sold and will sell more than a lot of these games that got $10-20 credits and it got a $20 credit. Amazon has simply picked and chose which to give it to. Release Date Delivery is the only thing keeping me from going back to getting my games from Best Buy.

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 9:12:09 AM PDT
i live washington where amazon is based so i always get stuck with tax

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 9:46:55 PM PDT
Like everyone has been saying, it seems like $10 is the new $20. I've looked at several titles that just at a glance people would buy and they all have $10 preorder credit, no $20's. :<

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 6:14:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2011 6:15:59 AM PDT
Dave Foster says:
If Amazon would at least offer $20 credit to Prime members, it would make for a great incentive for those who would contemplate on subscribing for said membership. Not to mention, good business practice.
Who gives a S about a headset?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2011 11:02:22 PM PDT
M. Ruiz says:
lol if you live in California they will start charging taxes next year and they are trying to force it in other states as well...so buy as and enjoy while it last

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 7:46:49 PM PDT
Personally the $20 and $10 credits are nice and all but I also like to look at the Preorder bonuses. Like right now at Gamestop you can preorder Assassin's Creed: Revelations and they give you a free upgrade to the Signature edition. To me, that is more important than a monetary credit. But hey, that's just my preference lol. I mean if every place was only offering was an extra costume or weapon and amazon was offering a $20 or $10 credit then amazon would definitely get my business. I agree the no tax + release date delivery is awesome... it's just too bad that games usually come out on days that I work night shifts and have class during the day so I don't get to play the same day lol. Also on this particular game (MW3) I wish they would have a better preorder bonus besides a stupid wallpaper for your computer. Hardened edition is sold out at gamestop :(
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  27
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  Sep 1, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 19, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Xbox 360
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Xbox 360 by Activision Publishing (Xbox 360)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (1,689)