Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Is this Collector's Edition worth $149.99?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 145 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 19, 2011 10:01:42 PM PDT
Bryan Willis says:
Considering, I hate paying 60$ for just the game, i could only imagine the people buying the expensive 150$ version. It just....doesn't really include enough to add an extra 100$ ontop the pc version.

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 5:18:14 AM PDT
B. Phillips says:
Look at what you get with the Diable 3 CE for $100, it makes me feel even worse about this $150 offer for basically the same type stuff.

artbook, soundtrack, and a behind-the-scenes Blu-ray. As less tangible rewards, you receive in-game items for Diablo III, WoW, and StarCraft II. Lastly, to satisfy your need for tchochke, you get a Diablo skull and a 4 GB memory stick that looks like a soulstone.

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 1:28:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 22, 2011 1:29:11 PM PDT
Matt M says:
I understand its debatable if this collectors edition is worth plopping down 150. Playing devils advocate for a minute, the statue is from IP factory (sure they could have picked a different company to create the statue and came off cheaper, but thats neither here nor there). IP factory statues regularly fetch between 200-400ish (similar dimension, weight, etc) so the statue alone is probably about atleast worth 100 (minus bulk order, min coloring) it still probably costs 50 per statue. So that plus the game already puts you at 110, dependent on how good the artbook is 20-30 and making of dvd is essentially the cost of a dvd. So yeah its probably like a 140-145 value and they do have to make a profit after all...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2011 1:30:40 PM PDT
T. Wilson says:
Just to let you know PVC is plastic

Artbooks normally fetch around $40+ and if they are low quality and NOT 200 pages it would be lowest $20

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2011 1:34:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 22, 2011 1:39:31 PM PDT
Matt M says:
Yes, we all know PVC is plastic. Which is probably good, because if it was any other material there is a very good likelyhood you would be opening a CE edition with a broken Alduin in it or at the very least a very deformed one. As it is, I am still concerned there will be a few broken ones.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2011 1:59:42 PM PDT
T. Wilson says:
Plastic can break as well specially smaller parts

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 3:31:31 AM PDT
plastic, as well as any solid, can break, but the whole point of pvc is that it is sturdy and flexible. the polyvinyl chloride is made as such, so do not get it confused with polypropylene, which most plastic things like this statue would be made of, or with the most common type of plastic polyethylene, which plastic bags and plastic foam for shipping are made of.

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 10:52:47 AM PDT
Xander says:
Im a bethesda fan and I've gotten CEs for Fallout 3 and NV, Morrowind and Oblivion, but this just feels lame compared. So This is the first Bethesda CE in many many years I've NOT ordered. You get the nice map for preordering the Regular edition too and im fine with that. Some PVC Statue and a Art Book for 90$ more? Get real Bethesda.

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 2:41:44 AM PDT
A. Parker says:
This is the horse armor of Collector's Editions.

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 1:53:01 PM PDT
Matt M says:
I would gladly pay for my horse armor again!

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 9:49:58 AM PDT
I prefer spending 20 more bucks in the Official Guide(which i WILL USE), I can watch the video in Youtube, the dragon I dont care, I would prefer a Dark Souls Dragon,

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 9:57:39 AM PDT
B. Phillips says:
I cancelled my CE preorder (getting standard). I'm going to wait and see if the CE drops in price and grab it if it does. It just doesn't feel like $150 to me... But I hope I'm wrong and it is great and they limit the number they sell.

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 2:00:57 PM PDT
Howsare says:
I Canceled my CE also. Price just isnt worth it to me. If it was 25 cheaper I would bite but as or right now I will just get the reg edition since I am getting it for 54 with a 10 dollar promo to boot.

Posted on Oct 29, 2011 9:15:05 PM PDT
Daniel Aga says:
Dude. InFamous 2 Hero edition came with a soundtrack, statue, and backpack all for 99.99.

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 11:05:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2011 11:06:19 AM PDT
Satoru S. says:
I was going get it but after seeing whats in it I pass. I reallyl want the art book, the dragon looks cool but it cost too much. I have the extra money but I will just buy another game.

no cloth map and the base for the dragon is cheap.
the art book looks cool , but not really wroth 90.

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 1:14:55 PM PDT
John Rossi says:
For me? No. It would have been nice if they had offered the art book, the making of DVD, the official soundtrack music and the strategy guide for somewhere between eighty and a hundred dollars . That would have been a nice deal to buy. The statue looks okay, but it doesn't justify a hundred and fifty dollar price tag.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2011 2:33:06 AM PDT
Tyler Leyrer says:
Who do you go through with those surveys? All the ones I see are scams xD.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 5:26:41 AM PDT
This is completely over priced. A statue, art book, and an DVD. Theres no ingame anything for this. The only think i can think of that makes this worth is, is the covering for the collectors edition. 150? not even close. Its worth 75 reguardless. As a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls franchise, this kinda cool with some of the materials, but if they choose to add ingame bonuses, a special beta, or something besides some good art works, then id probably buy it.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 7:33:07 PM PST
M. Gould says:
I too had this thing preordered until I came to my senses. I realized I can damn near buy MW3, War in the North AND Skyrim. Needless to say, my early preorder was axed. I am all for the CE guide, but this doesn't cut it. I agree with John Rossi. If this thing had a guide (CE or standard edition), soundtrack cd/DVD, making of, some token DLC items and a silly Dragon statue.....I would happily fork over 150 and own up to it in the posts. However, as it is.....mark my words......watch what happens to the price of this thing in a couple of weeks come Black Friday, Cyber Monday and come December. This type of price tag is only for the most dedicated WITH the money to spare. I could do it, but this is NOVEMBER Bethesda, and you know good and well how tight your competition is this month. I will buy your standard edition and MIGHT check this thing out if it goes down to the inevitable low low price they eventually get to.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 9:39:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2011 9:48:27 PM PST
For all of those that say that it's not worth it. That's fine. Obviously Bethesda didn't have you in mind when this was created. They had my wife and I in mind. TES games don't come out often, and we want to support the creation of this game as much as possible. We can hardly wait to bring this collectors item home. Most collector edition give you just a metal case and some digital content. This is something truly special! The price does give sticker shot, but if you didn't have a price tag, and you saw what was included and said to yourself, "I want that!" then this collectors edition is worth it to you. For everyone else there is the standard edition. There's nothing wrong with that. Those that really want this extremely limited edition will sacrificewhat's necessary to get it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2011 9:51:12 PM PST
It also came with Infamous 2. Just sayin'.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2011 9:54:28 PM PST
Just hold on to your receipt .

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2011 9:55:22 PM PST
This art book cover is leather. That alone makes it expensive.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2011 10:19:15 PM PST
If you say to yourself, "I can't get it" then you will lose. If you say to yourself, "How can I get it?", then you will find a way to purchase it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2011 10:26:03 PM PST
Most places are saying you can only get it through preorder. Don't expect this to be sitting on the shelf at Walmart. The boxes would be to large to store on shelves, and places like Gamestop won't have anyplace to store them in a backroom. The Collector's editions will not be in Gamestops as used games either. It's not likely to find after release. Statues like these are expensive to manufacture. There won't be 1000 over produced.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  93
Total posts:  145
Initial post:  Aug 5, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about