Is this T3i with the IS II Lens kit? I have noticed that there two lens kits being released. I searched for the IS II lens kit and this the only one that shows up on Amazon. Is this the correct lens kit if you were buying a IS II lens kit?
asked by PrinceofVellore on April 30, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
I got this product. Took a gamble. Yes. This is the IS II lense :)
Jude Noda answered on December 14, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Canon is switching over the 18-55mm IS II lens which is apparently identical for all intents and purposes but cheaper to manufacture. Getting a body-only T3i and seperately buying the old 18-55mm IS lens brand new looks like it would cost more than just getting the lens kit. By the way, make sure you're looking at the 18-55 *IS* lens since the very old 18-55mm non-IS lens isn't very good.
Technology Guy answered on November 22, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have the same question. Looks like an interesting way to bring the price down by giving the old IS lens instead of the new IS II lens. Could the seller or those who have got this product please confirm this?
Jude Noda answered on November 22, 2011
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Cool.

By the way, I've recently heard that there is a difference in the image stabilization system between these two lenses. Reportedly, the new version II can sense panning motion and automatically switch to vertical-only stabilization.
Technology Guy answered on December 14, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Jan 21, 2012 3:36:19 PM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›