Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Is this Monkey Ball suppose to be good?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 9, 2011 2:19:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 11, 2011 10:45:05 AM PST
I loved Super Monkey Ball on Gamecube (easily my favorite), the 2nd was pretty good too, but after that most of the Monkey Ball games haven't been very good. Banana Blitz was really good, too... but I prefer a standard controller for these games over a Wii Remote. Has anyone heard if this Super Monkey Ball for 3DS is suppose to be good or not? Any word on reviews from Japan or anything?

Posted on Mar 15, 2011 3:18:33 AM PDT
D. Bisciglia says:
i've read a few previews--one thing I've heard a few times is that if you play using the tilt sensor (like using the wiimote, but tilting the system) you can't play with the 3d on, as the tilt makes your eyes lose the 3d effect. It is playable with the circle pad though, which is how I'll be playing it (Super Monkeyball 2 for Gamecube was my favorite)

Posted on Mar 15, 2011 8:41:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2011 8:42:06 AM PDT
Rampart82 says:
I like the main Monkey Ball mode but this time around they got rid of the great mini games like monkey golf and monkey target. Now they only have 2 extra modes called "Monkey Fighting" and "Monkey Racing". The extra modes, this time around, are supposed to be full tier modes of the game instead of mini-games but they still seem like really stripped down modes.

If I get this it will be for the main story mode alone. The 2 other modes don't seem all that well done or polished. Wish they would have just added 5+ mini-games instead of these 2.

Posted on Mar 25, 2011 8:29:03 AM PDT
B. Iraheta says:
what ever happen to dogfights with the planes that was my favorite mini game

Posted on Mar 25, 2011 5:10:57 PM PDT
Just got my copy today. Not one of the best games I've ever played, but it's still pretty good. If you like the series overall, you'll most likely enjoy this one as well.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Mar 9, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 25, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Super Monkey Ball 3D - Nintendo 3DS
Super Monkey Ball 3D - Nintendo 3DS by Sega of America (Nintendo 3DS)
3.8 out of 5 stars (73)