Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Is this appropriate for a 5 year old?
asked by Michael Y. on August 15, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
The wings that open and close may be a complicated build. You would probably need to help the child with that. If the child is not an experienced Lego builder, you should probably stick to simpler, more solid sets that won't break easily while swooshing it around.
Customer answered on August 15, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
depends how advanced this five year old is. my brother's 4 year old niece who has been around lego since birth (thanks uncle me) would have no problems. will for sure need some help with the -spoiler alert- rubber bands for the s-foils, and maybe some of the smaller pieces, but otherwise i say go for it! worst case scenario, you get some great father/son bonding time!!!
T. Whattoff answered on August 15, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Clinton Galloway answered on August 16, 2013

A
It is a really cool set, but it is somewhat advanced to build. If your five year old is an experienced Lego builder, then it should be fine.
CJ4CHRIST answered on August 16, 2013

A
It's a little advanced but makes a great "do together" project.
James Buckley answered on August 16, 2013

A
Yes and No. My 5yo would probably struggle building this model, although, building it together was fun; I ended up doing most of the work - it took a little over an hour. We purchased this model for display and I would not let my 5yo play with the completed model.
Brian Vandegrift answered on August 16, 2013

A
I gave it to an 8 year old and he did it with ease, but then again that's all he does is play with Legos...
stephanie answered on August 18, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product