Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
asked by Rebecca Grauman on August 31, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
The Canon Rebel XS is fine for learning photography. If you're more serious about your photography, however, I might recommend a model with more features and a little better performance like the Rebel T1i or T2i or maybe even a semi-pro 50D or perhaps the new 60D. But also leave some funds available for more lenses, an external flash, a spare battery and a case. If you only plan on taking the one course and then just using the camera for casual photography afterwards, the XS will do the job.
Techn01ogy Guy answered on September 3, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Techn01ogy Guy answered on September 4, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm not just taking one class. My husband and I own a Videography business and I would like to add photography as one of our services. So I plan going back to school and try for the associate degree at my local community college. As much as I would love to get the 50D or 60D it just not in my budget right now. I was checking out the T1 originally but was bit turned off by the HD video feature. I do not need this feature at all and really don't want to pay for it. Is there much difference between the XS and T1? I am very new at SLR camera.
Thank you for your help.
Rebecca Grauman answered on September 4, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thank you for your help. I think I will skip over the XS and try a more current model. My classes do not start till January so I do have time to do more research on the newer models. Looking over the specs I really like the 50D model, but it's out of my price range. Maybe I will get lucky and a refurbished one will show up in my price range. If no,t I might go for the T1 or T2.

Thank you again for your help.
Rebecca Grauman answered on September 4, 2010

A
Sounds like a plan! Sure thing.
Techn01ogy Guy answered on September 4, 2010
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product