Initial post: Sep 27, 2008 3:49:38 PM PDT
T. Gobbel says:
Jack Cashill offers a compelling analysis

http://www.cashill.com/natl_general/did_bill_ayers_write_1.htm

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2008 8:27:13 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 26, 2008 9:42:45 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2008 6:00:43 PM PST
Sweetiepea3 says:
I am quite certain you have not read the independent analysis which shows the uncanny similarities between Obama's memoir and William Ayers' memoir. Until you do I think you should reserve your childish name calling.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2008 7:13:23 PM PST
What childish name calling? You know what? Obama will have uncanny similarities with almost anyone who grows up as a minority in this country. If you have something particular to say, come out with it, why don't you?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2008 5:38:15 AM PST
Scarecrow says:
They tried to corroborate that "independent" theory, and it turned out to be, if not complete nonsense and bogus, at least extremely and utterly farfetched. Read the article in The Times by the Oxford expert they contacted to compare Ayers's and Obama's books. When they found out the results would be made public even if it didn't turn out to be ghostwritten by Ayers, they suddenly weren't interested in paying for the analysis.

Read for yourselves:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article5063279.ece

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2008 10:48:26 AM PST
It's an idiotic question! Barack Obama has no need for a ghost writer. Unlike Sarah Palin, he has the intelligence to figure out how to write his own book. And, if he didn't, why would he choose William Ayers to write it. That's just another lie the Repugs made up. That is why they lost the election. Who would vote for people who have to llie to get elected? Only people who are gullible enough to believe the lie.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2008 8:16:54 PM PST
Ryan D says:
If the book was a poorly written celebration of black gangsta life, would you be questioning the true identity of the author?

Just wondering.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2008 10:59:33 PM PST
Why do we even entertain these guys' stupid comments? Obviously, they've been making up their own history, not only for Obama, but for their own candidates too. McCain was an aldulterer who shopped around for a wife, but he was forgiven. They will never forgive Bill Clinton even though his wife DID forgive him.
None of it matters because the republican hey-day is over. They will never win another presidential election. From here on in, the Dems will be running against Independents. Just watch and see. The majority of Americans have seen the truth about who the Republican party is and have rejected it. Karl Rove could only weave his magic when people didn't know who he was or what he was doing. AND even he said the Republicans went to far in this election!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2008 6:52:17 PM PST
Hollis says:
This conservative says: Well, that was educational and consistent with civil discourse.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2008 7:13:38 PM PST
Hollis says:
Well, that was educational and consistent with civil discourse.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2008 9:44:25 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2008 10:33:50 PM PST
Since this book was originally published in 1995 and Bill Ayers' was published in 2001, are you saying that Bill Ayers wrote this before he wrote his own memoir. Doubtful. Know your facts.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2008 7:38:06 AM PST
L. lawrence says:
I wonder how many bitter, lonely, unloved people blame our President-Elect, Barack Obama, for all of their disappointments in life? I wonder if they blame our lame duck President Bush for anything? Or are they so warped by the Rush Limbaugh's of this world, they cannot comprehend and/or recognize the truth? I know a lot of Republicans who are very angry with the Bush Administration and feel embittered. They voted for Barack Obama many voting Democratic for the first time. This is not a fluke, this is a mandate by the people. Time for all of us to stand up, pull up our socks and get to work. We have a lot of fences to mend. Hope ... what a wonderful feeling.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2008 1:37:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2008 1:39:04 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2008 2:25:59 PM PST
L. lawrence says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2008 2:34:38 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2008 10:32:26 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 8, 2008 10:52:51 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2008 10:48:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 8, 2008 11:00:38 AM PST
I bought this book in 1995. It was briefly a best-seller. The critics thought he was a phenomon even then. He had no knowledge of Bill Ayers. I'm in the same generation as Bill Ayers and I had no knowledge of him either.

Apparently the book went out of print and was re-published in 2004.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2008 10:51:58 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 8, 2008 10:52:33 AM PST]

Posted on Sep 1, 2009 10:44:04 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 1, 2009 10:52:50 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 1, 2009 10:53:06 PM PDT
IOB says:
Certainly old news this topic is, however, did all the people that voted for Obama expect him to be such a failure? Did they expect him to spend more money that all of our previous presidents combined? This man is truly an empty suit and the smoke screen is beginning to show how miserable of president this man really is. Furthermore, as of today, his approval rating is a mere 42%... I cannot recall in history any other president that started so favorably and his ratings have tanked so fast.

History has shown, just like this empty suit the ebbs and flows of political parties. Funny how many democrats are seeing how this man's change was not was expected! Cash for clunkers is putting a hurting on many dealers because they have not been compensated by uncle sam for the deals yet. Not to mention, people that took part in the clunkers program are going to be taxed on it.

2010, this people that elected all the dems will switch over to the repubs again.

You need remedial training in civics and history. Good day!

Posted on Sep 24, 2009 10:36:45 PM PDT
Raging Tea says:
In his new book, "Barack and Michelle: Portrait of an American Marriage," Best-selling celebrity journalist, Christopher Andersen, has blown a huge hole in the Obama genius myth without intending to do so.

Relying on inside sources, quite possibly Michelle Obama herself, Andersen describes how Dreams came to be published -- just as I had envisioned it in my articles on the authorship of Dreams. With the deadline pressing, Michelle recommended that Barack seek advice from "his friend and Hyde Park neighbor Bill Ayers."

To flesh out his family history, Obama had taped interviews with various family members. Andersen writes, "These oral histories, along with a partial manuscript and a truckload of notes, were given to Ayers." Andersen quotes a Hyde Park neighbor, "Everyone knew they were friends and that they worked on various projects together. It was no secret. Why would it be? People liked them both."

Andersen continues, "In the end, Ayers's contribution to Barack's Dreams From My Father would be significant--so much so that the book's language, oddly specific references, literary devices, and themes would bear a jarring similarity to Ayers's own writing."

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/09/andersen_book_blows_ayers_cove.html

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2009 10:49:57 AM PDT
Ellid says:
Anderson's book is an unsourced hatchet job. Try again, troll.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2009 10:51:35 AM PDT
Ellid says:
Sorry, but the independent analysis shows no such thing. Ayers did not write this book, and I am disgusted by the idea that the Republican party and its followers have stooped so low.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2009 3:30:40 PM PDT
Actually, the book is written in Obama's language. He doesn't need the help of Ayers or anyone else to write his memoir; he can do his own writing better than anyone else could.
Why don't you people just admit that you can't stand the guy? And back up your opinion with facts. That's what we did with Bush and we didn't need any lies and innuendos to back up our opinion; we just used his own words and actions.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  24
Total posts:  56
Initial post:  Sep 27, 2008
Latest post:  11 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama (Hardcover - January 9, 2007)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (956)