Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > No More Mr Nice Guy forum

Is this book suitable for women?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 17, 2011 12:19:19 PM PST
Jessica says:
Or, if not, do you know of any that are?

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 12:53:40 PM PST
Minh Nguyen says:
Yes, it is for person that doesn't have a good childhood experience and bad parents, both men and women, the only thing that make this book more suitable for male is that nice guys syndrome are more prevalent and more detrimental to guys than girls, if you are a nice guy, you are doomed for your whole life, if you are a female, then you might have your attractiveness as a last resort for your lacking of personality and confidence.

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 1:16:53 PM PST
Hey Jessica, I'm a male reviewer and I've read this book. I think it definitely still applies for women as I have met and have a lot of female friends that have the issues that this book describes. It's a syndrome that affects everyone. It's not exclusive to just one sex so yes I think it could help you but all of the examples in the book are written about men and the book is intended for a male audience. If that's not an issue than I think it could really be a big help for you. But a warning, the author gives you exercises in this book to ACTUALLY DO. If you don't do them then buying this book really won't help you a bit. Also, the author Brene Brown has three exceptional books (one geared specifically towards a female audience) that would also likely be a great addition to your self help library and that deals with a lot of the issues of fear, anxiety, and shame that Robert Glover talks about in No More Mr. Nice Guy. Hope this helps.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  No More Mr Nice Guy forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Feb 17, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
No More Mr Nice Guy
No More Mr Nice Guy by Robert A. Glover (Hardcover - January 8, 2003)
4.4 out of 5 stars (622)