Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
is this the cable needed for the ps3?
asked by Josepha Taitingfong on February 18, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
No, your PS3 needs an HDMI cable. It has an output for digital optical audio that you could hook up to your surround sound if it takes it but will only output sound from this port not video. I have my PS3 hooked up to my TV via HDMI and have my TV hooked up to my surround sound via the digital optical audio cable so the PS3s sounds comes thru the surround sound
comarine1371 answered on February 19, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No it's not . It is optional you can connect it with your hdmi cable but if you want sound through a different source say an amplifier then you should connect with this
I. rizqui answered on February 19, 2013

A
nope this cable is only for audio but it can be used on the PS3 if ur hooking it up to home theater or some other sound system
Montana answered on February 19, 2013

A
No it isnt. But this cable improve your experiencia with the game's audio. You can hear the audio with a hdmi cable or rca. Optical cable is perfect for Home theaters and other stuff.
Alfred answered on February 19, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This cable is not required for PS3/Xbox 360/Nintendo Wii...You can use an HDMI cable or even the 5-prong HD cables (green/blue/red video output, white/red sound output) they provide with the systems.
Chris Keener answered on February 19, 2013

A
It's not needed but I guess if you want a more quality sound it wouldn't be a bad idea to get it.
TimboSlice answered on February 19, 2013

A
No, the HDMI cable outputs audio, but if you are going. To play Rock Band, Guitar Hero, or RockSmith you should use the RCA audio cable( red and white cable ) to ensure proper sync between instrument, audio and video output
David Vinston answered on February 19, 2013

A
The digital optical cable is used to hear the games sounds through the home theater speakers, if you have the extra speakers. You will need a receiver the accepts the optical cable. The HDMI cable carries the video of the game to the TV and it carries the audio to the TV speakers. It is your choice on whether you want to hear the game through the tv speakers using the HDMI cable or hearing the game through the receiver that powers your sub woofer and surround speakers. For video you will always need the HDMI cable.
Zappato answered on February 19, 2013

A
I never realy used this cable on my PS3. This cable is good for audio I bought it to use on equipment I have in my home studio. For PS3 I would sujest you the HDMI cable but if you have Rock smith you should use Component cable with RCA to avoid delays.
Marcos M Souza answered on February 19, 2013

A
yes for sound. or you can use an hdmi cable if your tv or receiver is compatible. hope this helps you.
user 1 answered on February 20, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product