will this chip work in my intel h61 dx11 board
asked by Cameron Fees on November 25, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
votes
after a lot of research and trying different motherboards I finally find out that the problem with my system was the incompatibility with the Mobo and the processor and I bough a GA-Z77X-UD5H.
Rafael Matos answered on November 25, 2012

A
votes
I'm waiting for a new hard drive to install every thing and I hope it works.

A
votes
I don't know

A
votes
I don't know

A
votes
It may. You will need to go to Intel's website to be sure the motherboard will support the "ivy Bridge" chip
Major answered on November 25, 2012

A
votes
The direct answer to your question is "Yes" it will work. The correct answer is that the I7-3770 Quad Core processor is designed to work in newer chipsets and will work in them better than a H61. If you currently have an H61 then this cpu will work in that board. I would highly recommend that you put it in a newer board though due to the improvements that the CPU and newer chipsets bring. For example, H61 does not support USB 3.0 but H77 and Z77 boards do. Please do your research and don't buy a very competent CPU for an older chipset unless you can not do better now and plan to upgrade in the future. Answer... Yes. Best answer... get an equivalent chipset before you buy this awesome CPU.
Doug answered on November 25, 2012

A
votes
It supports, according to the official website of intel, look at the following link ... http://ark.intel.com/products/52806/Intel-BD82H61-PCH
Nicholas Carrera answered on November 26, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›